Connecting my GTX 570 to the PSU

TMF89

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
So I just got this 570

My question is on the connector. As you can see in the gallery the connector that came with it has three adapters. On one end there is a male 8 pin adapter, and on the other end there are two female 6 pin adapters. Both adapters have three yellow wires on the bottom, and two on top. However one of them has an additional brown wire between the two black ones. So one adapter only has five wires (no brown) and one has all six (with the brown between the two black). My question is, which do I use?? There were no instructions on powering it, most of the manual is concerned with software.

As far as the card, it has an 8 and a 6 FEMALE connector. So the 8 pin adapter on the cord works fine because its male, but neither of the 6 pin adapters will fit because they're also female.

Help? lol

TMF89

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
The main power cords (like the ones I can't add/take off, it's modular) are a 20+4 for the mobo, dual 4 pins for the CPU, a cord with three HDD power connectors (I only have two HDDs, does it matter which order I connect the two of three connectors?), and an 8 pin. Does the 8 pin go to the GPU? The problem is there are a ton of modular/add-on cables, so I'm not sure if I should use one of those instead? lol

The modular cables are 8 pin on one end, and 6+2 on the other, if that helps. And the stupid 8 pin male to 2x6 pin female thing that came with the GPU.

OK
Leave the little adapter in the graphics card box, your psu ( still don't know what it is ) apparently has the cables you need.
The 8 pin end of the modular cable connects to the psu and the 6+2 to the card, hopefully you have 2 of them.

TMF89

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
Sounds good. Now I'm getting advice on another board that I can use the native 8 pin for the GPU, plus one 6 pin from one of the modular cord. Could you explain more on why I shouldn't use the native 8 pin? Thanks again for your help.

Latest posts