Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Nvidia brand 560 Ti temps

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 30, 2011 7:02:26 PM

My Nvidia brand 560 Ti has pretty nice idle temps(32-38c) but when its on load it skyrockets pretty quick up to 85-90c(highest I've ever seen it was 92c) This is very odd to me considering that my last card(an EVGA 550 Ti) had a load temp that rarely went over 70c on an OC. I've been going around on several forums and have seen people saying that its safe temps and others saying its extremely unsafe. Can anyone help shed some light on the subject?

My system specs are:
Coolermaster HAF932 case
i5-2500k CPU
Patriot Sector 5 RAM(1366mhz & 4x2gb)
Asus P8P67 Motherboard
Corsair TX650w PSU
Nvidia GTX 560 Ti

Thanks, Metro510

More about : nvidia brand 560 temps

a c 162 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
December 30, 2011 7:19:41 PM

http://www.nvidia.com/object/product-geforce-gtx-560ti-...

Straight from Nvidia, it is well within spec and perfectly save!

That is actually a very save estimate of 99degrees. I have seen them run at 112degrees. Although that should decrease the lifespan of the card some.
Score
a c 214 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
December 30, 2011 7:27:29 PM

Technically 92c is still within limits but it's to high,imo.If it operates at 90c constantly it won't have a very long life.

Have you O.C.'d it?

What is the make/model of your GTX560ti
Score
Related resources
December 30, 2011 7:39:03 PM

Your temps are normal, high, but normal. You may need additional case cooling. Try running with your case open and see how temps are. Those cards have built-in power management that will reduce clocks to minimum when idle thus giving nice and low idle temperatures.
Score
December 30, 2011 7:58:03 PM

purple stank said:
Technically 92c is still within limits but it's to high,imo.If it operates at 90c constantly it won't have a very long life.

Have you O.C.'d it?

What is the make/model of your GTX560ti

It is an Nvidia GTX 560 Ti(no other brand, just Nvidia) and i have not attempted to overclock it
Score
a c 214 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
December 30, 2011 8:00:41 PM

I meant like Asus,Gigabyte,etc.The company that made it.
Score
December 30, 2011 8:02:46 PM

timinator said:
Your temps are normal, high, but normal. You may need additional case cooling. Try running with your case open and see how temps are. Those cards have built-in power management that will reduce clocks to minimum when idle thus giving nice and low idle temperatures.

I can assure you my case airflow is perfectly fine, everything else is cool, i have never seen my processor go above 60c and i have never seen my motherboard go above 38c.
Score
a c 109 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
December 30, 2011 8:03:27 PM

purple stank said:
I meant like Asus,Gigabyte,etc.The company that made it.

I think he has a reference nvidia card :ouch: 
@op have you checked to see if the card has dust in it?
Score
December 30, 2011 8:07:05 PM

metro510 said:
I can assure you my case airflow is perfectly fine, everything else is cool, i have never seen my processor go above 60c and i have never seen my motherboard go above 38c.

Then you have nothing to worry about. Those temps are normal. Just for grins, try it with your case open for a while and see if the temps are the same.
Score
December 30, 2011 8:09:52 PM

amuffin said:
I think he has a reference nvidia card :ouch: 
@op have you checked to see if the card has dust in it?

I took a can of compressed air to my case this morning, cleaned out the graphics card and everything, and even if i didn't clean it, i would be surprised to find that much dust as i just got it for christmas
Score
December 30, 2011 8:45:26 PM

timinator said:
Then you have nothing to worry about. Those temps are normal. Just for grins, try it with your case open for a while and see if the temps are the same.

Tried it with open case, idle temps went up a little bit, but not much, just by like 2-4c, doesn't surprise me considering the biggest fan on my case is on the side panel i removed
Score
December 30, 2011 9:04:45 PM

Sometimes too many fans can make a vacuum effect inside the case that makes it difficult for peripherals, such as video cards, to be able to suck in cooler air. That is why I suggested that. All-in-all, your temps are within the norm for that card. Worst case, it has a 3 year warranty on it. If it breaks before that, you can always RMA it.
Score
December 31, 2011 3:49:53 PM

Thanks for all your input and help with my graphics card, but i have one last question before i go ahead and choose the best answer. Would it be worth it to return the card and get a different brand, or maybe just another one of the same brand cards just to see if it might be a problem with this card in particular? Thanks in advance, and happy new year.
Score

Best solution

December 31, 2011 6:25:43 PM

Well, you could return it and get a non-reference card that has a better cooling solution (bigger heatsink, better fan). As for being worth it, that is entirely up to you. It may shave off several degrees. The difference between a reference and a non-reference card is the reference card is made exactly to the manufacturer's specifications without any extra modification. The non-reference card has been modified in some way or another, be it cooling solution, overclocked, or both.

Take a look at this article from Tom's: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-560-ti-... - The cards in this article are all non-reference.

I would still like to stress out the fact that your card is running temperature-wise according to reference design. Getting a modified cooling solution on a non-reference video card will definitely make it run cooler.

If you do get another one, you may want to consider the new 560ti 448 which is basically a 570 with a few things disabled.
December 31, 2011 8:28:11 PM

When you say modified cooling solution, do you mean an aftermarket cooler? and because i'm heavily considering returning this card and getting a new one, do you have a particular card or a particular brand you would recommend? I have had an EVGA card before and i know a few other people before had an EVGA 560 Ti that are getting some better temps than me, so if i do get a new one, i will probably get an EVGA 560 Ti if there are no other recommendations.

Thanks again, Metro510
Score
a c 92 U Graphics card
December 31, 2011 8:32:40 PM

return it if you can.

buy one with an good cooling. 560ti will get hot, like all fermi cards.
Score
a c 109 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
December 31, 2011 8:33:50 PM

metro510 said:
When you say modified cooling solution, do you mean an aftermarket cooler? and because i'm heavily considering returning this card and getting a new one, do you have a particular card or a particular brand you would recommend? I have had an EVGA card before and i know a few other people before had an EVGA 560 Ti that are getting some better temps than me, so if i do get a new one, i will probably get an EVGA 560 Ti if there are no other recommendations.

Thanks again, Metro510

Get an msi twinfrozr ii 560ti, you can hit 1ghz oc on it, which is basically as fast as a 570.
Score
January 3, 2012 10:08:34 PM

Update:I got my refund from best buy and i am probably going to order a new card tomorrow, any suggestions before i do, otherwise i will be take muffins advice and going with the twin frozr or maybe the Asus DirectCUII 560 ti
Score
a c 214 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
January 3, 2012 11:27:34 PM

I would suggest going with the Twin Frozr.It beats the DirectCU in every benchmark when it comes to cooling.Although they aren't that far from each other.
Score
January 16, 2012 1:53:45 PM

Thanks everyone, ill either be going with the twin frozr or waiting until the 600 series comes out to buy a new gfx card, thanks again for the input, Metro510
Score
January 16, 2012 1:53:58 PM

Best answer selected by metro510.
Score
!