PC wont start

Vajsmilan

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
My PC wont start when i press the power button.

Green LED on motherboard is ON, and everything looks fine but when i press power button it does nothing, fans don't turn and etc...
I noticed that fans actually start to spin bearly visible like 5 milimeters but then stop and nothing happens...

I tried changing cables to try to power it with reset button in case that power button is broken but that didn't do the trick...i looks like power buttons is OK.

So what could be the problem? PC was running fine till yesterday, and when i tried it today, it wasn't working.

Is maybe CPU dead? Its strange for that to happen over night while PC was turned off...-_-

Athlon x2 5200+
M2N-XE
2GB DDR2
And PSU i think: FRONTIER 450W ATX - made in china

CDdude55

Distinguished
What are your system specs? (and the brand of the PSU).

Have you looked inside the system and made sure that the power button header is fully pushed onto the pins on the motherboard?

If the system was working fine yesterday and then the next day doesn't run on at all as you say then i would figure either power isn't coming from the particular socket you're using or the PSU is gone . Is it possible for you to try a different PSU? and have you tried another wall outlet?

It very rare that a CPU or any other component for that matter drops dead overnight.

Vajsmilan

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
Athlon x2 5200+
M2N-XE
2GB DDR2
And PSU i think: FRONTIER 450W ATX - but i know its china made...xD

I tried different wall outlet.

But how can PSU be the cause if it supplies the motherboard with power? The green LED light on motherboard is ON which means PSU works, right? ...no...?

Vajsmilan

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
OK, i noticed when i start the power button fans start to spin only slightly and then stop, but PC does nothing...??? o_O

Is it because PSU maybe dropped power output over time? :/ What is minimum PSU i need for this PC? If i am going to buy a new one? will some chinese 400W do the work?