AT for phone number?

Archived from groups: alt.cellular-phone-tech,alt.cellular.gsm (More info?)

Hello!

Is there a way to find out the phonenumber for the device via AT
commands? For example my SonyEricsson Z600 is aware of it's own
number. The GSM modem I'm currently interfaceing with is from Siemens.

Thanks!
Björn
2 answers Last reply
More about phone number
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular-phone-tech,alt.cellular.gsm (More info?)

    Björn Hilliges wrote:

    > Is there a way to find out the phonenumber for the device via
    > AT commands? For example my SonyEricsson Z600 is aware of it's
    > own number. The GSM modem I'm currently interfaceing with is
    > from Siemens.

    There's no reliable way, because the number doesn't need to be
    stored anywhere on the phone or SIM. The number is resolved at
    the network level.

    Having said that, there's a place for it on the SIM. It's the
    first of (usually) 3 possible entries on the "own numbers" SIM
    file. Depending on implementation, the file can be read in
    either of two ways: by using the

    AT+CNUM

    command, or by switching to the "own numbers" phonebook with

    AT+CPBS="ON"

    (that's the letter "O") and then reading off the first entry
    with

    AT+CPBR=1

    Note however that the number may never have been written to the
    SIM by your carrier. Furthermore, the number can be edited or
    deleted on many phones, either directly or via an "AT" command.
    Changing the number has no effect on the behaviour (or the
    actual number) of the phone.

    John
  2. I have varying success using these commands

    AT+MDN
    AT+MDN?
    AT+MDN=?
    AT+MDN="?"