AT for phone number?

Last response: in Technologies
July 1, 2005 4:16:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular-phone-tech,alt.cellular.gsm (More info?)

Hello!

Is there a way to find out the phonenumber for the device via AT
commands? For example my SonyEricsson Z600 is aware of it's own
number. The GSM modem I'm currently interfaceing with is from Siemens.

Thanks!
Björn

More about : phone number

Anonymous
July 1, 2005 10:10:16 PM

Björn Hilliges wrote:

> Is there a way to find out the phonenumber for the device via
> AT commands? For example my SonyEricsson Z600 is aware of it's
> own number. The GSM modem I'm currently interfaceing with is
> from Siemens.

There's no reliable way, because the number doesn't need to be
stored anywhere on the phone or SIM. The number is resolved at
the network level.

Having said that, there's a place for it on the SIM. It's the
first of (usually) 3 possible entries on the "own numbers" SIM
file. Depending on implementation, the file can be read in
either of two ways: by using the

AT+CNUM

command, or by switching to the "own numbers" phonebook with

AT+CPBS="ON"

(that's the letter "O") and then reading off the first entry
with

AT+CPBR=1

Note however that the number may never have been written to the
SIM by your carrier. Furthermore, the number can be edited or
deleted on many phones, either directly or via an "AT" command.
Changing the number has no effect on the behaviour (or the
actual number) of the phone.

John
January 29, 2009 6:15:44 PM

I have varying success using these commands

AT+MDN
AT+MDN?
AT+MDN=?
AT+MDN="?"