PLZ HELP!! COMPUTER ISSUEZ!!

Hey there i have a http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c02583675&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=115&contentType=SupportFAQ&prodSeriesId=4269976&prodTypeId=12454
And i bought a GeForce GTX 550 ti graphix card, 650w CORSAIR power supply and 2x 2gb of RAM. Im curious will the card just fit in since the intel gma x4500 i alrdy have is onboard and theres a open black slot for a graphics card so....? im just confused lol
4 answers Last reply
More about help computer issuez
  1. it will automatically switch from gma to pcie graphics ;)
  2. It will fit on the PCIe x 16 slot and when you plug your monito cabler into the card not the on board slot. inside make sure you plug the 6 pin connecter coming from your power supply to the back side of your card. The front of your card is where you will plug the cable from your monitor to it.

After all that is done then start your system. your mother board should see the new graphic card. Then when done goto the Nvidia web site and down load the new drivers. I hope this helps you?
  3. Damn thanks alot guys that realy helped!! Im just gearing up for SWTOR. Its very laggy on there were as my stock POS Hp comp can play wow just fine lol But i do think this should help only thing is im running a celeron 450 processor which is ages old and sucks but the swtor ppl say its fine as long as i get that GeForce GTX 550 ti and a power supply to handle it :) true false?
  4. TreatedYou said:
    Damn thanks alot guys that realy helped!! Im just gearing up for SWTOR. Its very laggy on there were as my stock POS Hp comp can play wow just fine lol But i do think this should help only thing is im running a celeron 450 processor which is ages old and sucks but the swtor ppl say its fine as long as i get that GeForce GTX 550 ti and a power supply to handle it :) true false?

Coming from a person who has two of the GTX 550 Ti's the 550 will cost more than what it is worth. In other Not a good card. would have been better off getting a HD 6870. Any thing bigger will require a larger PSU. Your PSU like mine didn't make the list of PSU's from good to worst. So I don't know how your PSU stacks up the rest.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics