Sign in with
Your question

Cheap Upgrade

Last response: in Systems
March 2, 2012 2:56:16 PM

hi guyz,

it is time to upgrade my amd PC (worked for 3 years :bounce:  ) but now with intel super offers and ivory processrors comming this year i told my self i need to make some changes.
I am from Romania so the parts cost differs big time than the states. What i whant is advice on the pieces i whant to change:

1. Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV GENE-Z/GEN3
2. Procesor: Procesor Intel Core i3 2100 BOX (it will do for now..w8ing for ivy)
3. Corsair DDR3 8192MB (2 x 4096) 1600MHz CL8 1.5V Vengeance Red Rev. A
4. SAPPHIRE Vapor-X HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 or Gainward GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1024MB DDR5 Phantom (here i really don't know what to take..i have a 4850 and did the job for the past years)
5. PSU....one that is modular and goes well with the single GPU
6. case: i have an antec 300 so i think will be ok

Just w8ing for news from you guyz...i plan to buy in 2 weeks. btw i need the motherboard to be something that can last me for the next 4 years :hello: 

More about : cheap upgrade

March 2, 2012 3:44:04 PM

well, the newer gpu's are using less and less power. with that said, the games are using more and more Gram. if your screen resolution is 1080 or higher, i would look into a card with more than 1gb for future proofing.

and for the cpu, it really make no sense to buy spot holder part. if you got it free thats a different story, but paying for a "mean time" part is throwing away money IMO. i would wait till the cpu you want is ready, then buy the whole thing. also, gpu prices should be cheaper by then too.
Related resources
March 3, 2012 5:33:14 AM

well i don't know about the motherboard asrock.....didn't have one before and considering it's cheap it makes me think that is not good quality.
!