Nikon soft ware update

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
June 3, 2005 2:56:14 AM

Newbie looking for some help!

I just bought a Nikon CoolPix 5600.
The software that comes with it is Picture Project 1.1

There is an update on the Nikon site for version 1.5.1

has anybody downloaded this and were you able to install it and get it
working?

I can download it ok
I seem to unzip it ok
when I run it, I get a message something like incompatible country version
(I am in Canada and using the Canadian Nikon site to download from.)

Any help or similar experience is appreciated.

Thanks

More about : nikon soft ware update

Anonymous
June 3, 2005 2:56:15 AM

Double check the version you have against the upgrade. I think the version
is more important than where you download it from.

"Wendy" <wendy@whiner.comacomacomacoma> wrote in message
> Newbie looking for some help!
>
> I just bought a Nikon CoolPix 5600.
> The software that comes with it is Picture Project 1.1
>
> There is an update on the Nikon site for version 1.5.1
>
> has anybody downloaded this and were you able to install it and get it
> working?
>
> I can download it ok
> I seem to unzip it ok
> when I run it, I get a message something like incompatible country
> version
> (I am in Canada and using the Canadian Nikon site to download from.)
>
> Any help or similar experience is appreciated.
>

> Thanks

Anonymous
June 3, 2005 12:54:39 PM

Wendy wrote:
> Newbie looking for some help!
>
> I just bought a Nikon CoolPix 5600.
> The software that comes with it is Picture Project 1.1
> Any help or similar experience is appreciated.

Have you left a message with Nikon Technical Support? They helped me
with a couple of questions.

--

The News Guy(Mike) - Seinfeld Lists
http://wave.prohosting.com/tnguym

LOST Sawyer's Nicknames:
http://tinyurl.com/dp8nb
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 1:34:17 PM

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 22:56:14 -0400, in rec.photo.digital "Wendy"
<wendy@whiner.comacomacomacoma> wrote:

>Newbie looking for some help!
>
>I just bought a Nikon CoolPix 5600.
>The software that comes with it is Picture Project 1.1
>
>There is an update on the Nikon site for version 1.5.1
>
>has anybody downloaded this and were you able to install it and get it
>working?
>
>I can download it ok
>I seem to unzip it ok
>when I run it, I get a message something like incompatible country version
>(I am in Canada and using the Canadian Nikon site to download from.)

What part of PP do you use? I find it to be a brain dead application
and prefer NikonView available off the tech support web site.
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
http://EdwardGRuf.com
!