Sign in with
Your question
Closed

What's the Best Control Panel for a New Build?

Last response: in Systems
March 2, 2012 3:39:26 PM

I went to Newegg and all the products have poor ratings. Do I even need a control panel? I thought I'd just get one because it makes the rig look more awesome.

More about : control panel build

March 2, 2012 3:45:34 PM

You don't - they're just for looks, most are difficult to install and don't really do anything. I personally wouldn't bother with one.

Best solution

March 2, 2012 4:09:23 PM

You don't need one but there but there nice to have. Nzxt makes a touch screen one for 27 bucks that I can somewhat reccomend. They do all seem to have bad reviews so just get a cheap one that will get the job done if you want one. The nzxt one isn't exactly "bad" it's just cheaply made but it gets the job done. Even if it crapped out on me it wouldn't be a big deal because it didn't spend alot of money.
Related resources
March 2, 2012 4:13:54 PM

neal0790 said:
You don't need one but there but there nice to have. Nzxt makes a touch screen one for 27 bucks that I can somewhat reccomend. They do all seem to have bad reviews so just get a cheap one that will get the job done if you want one. The nzxt one isn't exactly "bad" it's just cheaply made but it gets the job done. Even if it crapped out on me it wouldn't be a big deal because it didn't spend alot of money.

The Sentry 2? I had one and it seemed a bit too much $$$ for what you get. I agree that it wasn't very well made. In retrospect, I would have gone with a Lamptron.
March 2, 2012 5:24:31 PM

yea the $25 one, it really should be $20 max. Its cheaply made but i will admit it looks nice when its in your case. Except you might have to find a way to secure it. Mine likes to fall into my case on the right side. But thats only because its cheap plastic. The touch screen works okay. Maybe like 80% of the time on the first touch for me. The temp probes are pointless and just turn it into a wireing nightmare. But overall its not bad for $25. You could get a knob one for alot cheaper but it is nice to have a fancy touch screen. lol

I dont know if i would buy another when it inevitably craps out on me. But for the mean time it does what its supposed to do.
March 12, 2012 1:28:52 AM

Best answer selected by Alyus.
!