Will i notice a difference?

andrefecto

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
I was researching Graphics cards because my current 9800 GTX/ GTX+ is starting to fail and because im on a low budget i was looking at a GTX 460 and a GTX 560. now i looked at the Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart and saw that the GTX 560 was above the GTX 460, so i looked at the prices saw the GTX 460 was cheaper but, is faster, accept that it is a 192-Bit Memory Interface compared to the GTX 560's 256-Bit.

In summary, i am wondering will i notice a difference between the 192-Bit and the 256-Bit.

Note; i did do research on it and some websites said that i would notice a different if i was running max AA and max AF. but i don't ever run those, most of the time i turn them off because i am Visually Impaired so i need everything to be low res so i can see things :p this is why i am wondering if will notice the difference between the two.

thanks for you help.

It would help to know which games you want to play and what resolution you are running. At really low resolutions you aren't likely to see any appreciable difference between the 2 cards for the vast majority of titles. The 560 would only be appreciably better in the extremely demanding titles like Crysis 2 or Metro 2033 at the lower resolutions. Games tend to be more CPU bound at low resolution, so it would also help to know which CPU you have. A slower CPU may bottleneck the faster cards.

andrefecto

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011

thanks for your reply, i ended up getting the GTX 460 and like esrever said, it is a huge improvement over my 9800 GTX+. i was getting 25-32 FPS in BF3, now im getting 50 FPS all the time.

but i am running a AMD Anthlon II X2 245 Regor 2.9GHz and i have a 19 monitor running 1440x900 but i usually run my games at 1280x720.
(not overclocking anything)

and i mostly play BF3, Minecraft, COD, Skyrim, and L4D2.