Trip Hawkins Prediction - MS Acquires Nintendo Within Five..

"Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message
> Take it for what it's worth (with Hawkins' track record, it's not worth
> much).
>
> http://xbox.ign.com/articles/590/590573p1.html

This wouldn't surprise me. Microsoft is slowly outflanking Sony for the
kill. Imagine the X-Box 3 with exclusive rights to the Mario/Zelda stuff,
Techmo, new Sakaguchi games, plus their own franchises. What's next? An EA
exclusive deal? I'll bet they go after Rockstar too... Sony's days are
numbered

- Cryo

"Cryofax" <ThrowPoopt@YourFace.com> wrote in message
> "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message
> > Take it for what it's worth (with Hawkins' track record, it's not worth
> > much).
> >
> > http://xbox.ign.com/articles/590/590573p1.html
>
> This wouldn't surprise me. Microsoft is slowly outflanking Sony for the
> kill. Imagine the X-Box 3 with exclusive rights to the Mario/Zelda stuff,
> Techmo, new Sakaguchi games, plus their own franchises. What's next? An EA
> exclusive deal? I'll bet they go after Rockstar too... Sony's days are
> numbered
>
> - Cryo

The exclusive rights to Mario/Zelda haven't helped the GameCube overcome the
PS2, let alone the Xbox. If you combine the total GC sales with the total
Xbox sales, you still end up way behind the PS2. So how would combining the
two companies, and their IP, make any difference?
Even though MS' first generation console was more successful than most
people thought it would be, it still ended up a long way behind the PS2 in
sales. If they are slowly outflanking Sony, they better pick up the pace.
The PSP is going to give Sony a lot of momentum, and if the PS3 is more
powerful than the Xbox2 (being released a year later) and has the exclusive
games people want and online gaming for free, MS isn't going to outflank
them any time soon.

It's more likely that MS will buy EA or a handful of developers/publishers
because they need exclusive software. MS also caters to the older gamers,
and probably doesn't want to be asssociated with the kiddie image of
Nintendo. If Nintendo continues to struggle, it is more likely that they'll
go the way of Sega and become a software-only company than allowing
themselves to be purchased by MS or anyone else. I think all of Nintendo's
execs would fall on their swords before being bought by an American company.

"Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message
> Take it for what it's worth (with Hawkins' track record, it's not worth
> much).
>
> http://xbox.ign.com/articles/590/590573p1.html

If this happens, I'll drink a gallon of camel piss.

"Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message

You could've saved yourself a ton of time and just wrote this:

> I think all of Nintendo's
> execs would fall on their swords before being bought by an American
company.

because that sums it up perfectly.

Cryofax <ThrowPoopt@yourface.com> wrote:

> This wouldn't surprise me. Microsoft is slowly outflanking Sony for the
> kill. Imagine the X-Box 3 with exclusive rights to the Mario/Zelda stuff,
> Techmo, new Sakaguchi games, plus their own franchises. What's next? An EA
> exclusive deal? I'll bet they go after Rockstar too... Sony's days are
> numbered

Whoa now, we haven't even seen what Xbox2 is going to be able to do vs.
PS3... It's a bit early to be making wild predictions about what the
next-next generation is going to be like.

But then you'd have Mario's Halo World.

"Its-a Covenant! Mama mia!" (grabs a hammer and starts bonking Grunts over
the head)

"He's unstoppable! Yaaaaaaah!"

Jonah Falcon

"Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> But then you'd have Mario's Halo World.
>
> "Its-a Covenant! Mama mia!" (grabs a hammer and starts bonking Grunts over
> the head)
>
> "He's unstoppable! Yaaaaaaah!"
>
> Jonah Falcon

Imagine what Mario could do with a raccoon's tail, a star, a Brute plasma
rifle, and Luigi's vaccuum cleaner.

"Green Shampoo" <Frog_tongue@webtv.net> wrote in message

> "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>> But then you'd have Mario's Halo World.
>>
>> "Its-a Covenant! Mama mia!" (grabs a hammer and starts bonking Grunts
>> over the head)
>>
>> "He's unstoppable! Yaaaaaaah!"
>>
>> Jonah Falcon
>>
> Imagine what Mario could do with a raccoon's tail, a star, a Brute plasma
> rifle, and Luigi's vaccuum cleaner.

Sounds like Anime porn.

"Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message

> "Green Shampoo" <Frog_tongue@webtv.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>>> But then you'd have Mario's Halo World.
>>>
>>> "Its-a Covenant! Mama mia!" (grabs a hammer and starts bonking Grunts
>>> over the head)
>>>
>>> "He's unstoppable! Yaaaaaaah!"
>>>
>>> Jonah Falcon
>>>
>> Imagine what Mario could do with a raccoon's tail, a star, a Brute plasma
>> rifle, and Luigi's vaccuum cleaner.
>>

> Sounds like Anime porn.

Nah. Otherwise Princess Toadstool would have breasts the size of beach balls
fully inflated.

Jonah Falcon

> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
>>
>> "Green Shampoo" <Frog_tongue@webtv.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message

>>> Imagine what Mario could do with a raccoon's tail, a star, a Brute
>>> plasma rifle, and Luigi's vaccuum cleaner.
>>>

>> Sounds like Anime porn.
>
> Nah. Otherwise Princess Toadstool would have breasts the size of beach
> balls fully inflated.

Then again, who could forget about the Hammer Brothers or Little Goomba?
Sounds like porn to me.
Just jump in the back seat of the Warthog with Cpt. Reyes and you're bound
to be dual wielding something.

Cryofax wrote:

> I'll bet they go after Rockstar too...
I'll bet they'll buy sony too....

Jonah Falcon <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:
> But then you'd have Mario's Halo World.

"Convenant's Mansion" - complete with Doom3-esque flashlight effects.

"Super Convenant Sunshine"

Super Halo Golf!

Jonah Falcon <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:

> > Sounds like Anime porn.

> Nah. Otherwise Princess Toadstool would have breasts the size of beach balls
> fully inflated.

You're thinking of "Super Mario Xtreme Beach Volley Ball"

Mama mia! Donkey Kong in a thong!

"Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
> Jonah Falcon <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
>> > Sounds like Anime porn.
>
>> Nah. Otherwise Princess Toadstool would have breasts the size of beach
>> balls
>> fully inflated.
>
> You're thinking of "Super Mario Xtreme Beach Volley Ball"
>
> Mama mia! Donkey Kong in a thong!

That would be a Donkey Thong.