Urgent reply as fast as you can.

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
:pt1cable: Hi i am now despret to get an ethernet splitte r but cant find ity any where can any of you tell me where i can get an cheap ethernet splitter from in mississauga. I repeat Please help me where can i get an ethernet splitter from in mississauga. :hello:

The splitter is a dumb device that does just what it says, it splits the line into two or more directions. Only one computer or device can be connected to the entire thing, all other taps must be left as open dead-ends. It lets you have a single Ethernet line go to perhaps two different rooms in a house for a single computer to use on either end of the split.

A switch is a smart device that allows the line to be split as many ways as there are ports on the switch. Another computer or device can be connected to all terminals leaving the switch and they will can work at the same time.

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Thanks Drunk Again Bad Kit Veteran well one more question for all of you now does it matter if i have high speed internet and split the connnection with the switch and later when both computers are plugged into the switch will both stay high speed.