n00b question: Any software for X-Box without Mod-Chipping?

Are there any softwares/games (freeware, not warez) that can be downloaded (ie
..iso image) that can boot without modding your X-Box? I presume because you can
boot Linux without modding your X-Box, other software has followed suit?

Cheers,
grol.

Go check out http://www.xbox-scene.com

--
HMS Hood

Xbox Live Gamertag: HMS Hood
Games - Burnout 3, Halo 2, MotoGp 1 & 2, PGR2, Splinter Cell: PT, Star Wars:
Battlefront, Wolfeinstein, Unreal Championship.

"grol" <grolschie@NOSPAM.gmail.com> wrote in message
> Are there any softwares/games (freeware, not warez) that can be downloaded
> (ie
> .iso image) that can boot without modding your X-Box? I presume because
> you can
> boot Linux without modding your X-Box, other software has followed suit?
>
> Cheers,
> grol.

"grol" <grolschie@NOSPAM.gmail.com> wrote in message
> Are there any softwares/games (freeware, not warez) that can be downloaded
> (ie
> .iso image) that can boot without modding your X-Box? I presume because
> you can
> boot Linux without modding your X-Box, other software has followed suit?
>
> Cheers,
> grol.

Sure you can download games. Get the Xbox Live Arcade disck.

"Green Shampoo" <Frog_tongue@webtv.net> wrote in message

> "grol" <grolschie@NOSPAM.gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Are there any softwares/games (freeware, not warez) that can be downloaded
> > (ie
> > .iso image) that can boot without modding your X-Box? I presume because
> > you can
> > boot Linux without modding your X-Box, other software has followed suit?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > grol.
> >

> Sure you can download games. Get the Xbox Live Arcade disck.

Thanks for that. Do you have to log into Live to play the games already
purchased? If you lose your Live account, do you lose the games that you
downloaded?

"Green Shampoo" <Frog_tongue@webtv.net> wrote in message

> "grol" <grolschie@NOSPAM.gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Are there any softwares/games (freeware, not warez) that can be downloaded
> > (ie
> > .iso image) that can boot without modding your X-Box? I presume because
> > you can
> > boot Linux without modding your X-Box, other software has followed suit?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > grol.
> >

> Sure you can download games. Get the Xbox Live Arcade disck.

Ah... it only seems to be available in North Amercas. In New Zealand site at
xbox.com, the Live Arcade option is missing.
grol