How would i do this?

davis22

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
I am looking into selling my laptop and buy a nice gaming desktop instead. I've seen some good deals on craigslist and I think I can come out about even after selling and buying it. I don't really bring my laptop many places so it'd be a pretty good deal for me. The only thing i would really need this new computer for though is Skyrim and normal computer activities. I cant downgrade playing skyrim off my nice 32 1080p tv though. I want to be able to plug the computer into the tv using an HDMI port which I know some grapics cards have. However the way I have things set up i don't want to use that tv when im just web browsing or other normal computer activities. So I want to have a smaller monitor set up on the desk, next to the tv, that would use a VGA port. So I will need to be able to switch between the monitor and the tv without having to rewire everytime. I don't need them both to run simutaniously I just need to be able to switch quickly. This makes sense in my mind so I hope you can make sense of what im asking..

Enyar

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011

I'm not sure if I get what you're saying, but two VGA cables...?

Wolfshadw

Titan
amuffin is correct. With an ATI card installed into your new system, you can set up hot-keys in Catalyst Control Center. I have a similar situation (HDTV & projector) and use this to swap displays. A quick press of ATL+F12 (just the key combo I use) and the displays are switched.

-Wolf sends