Motherboard standoffs issue.

UltimateUnknown

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
So I am building my first pc and people seem to stress its very important to get the mobo standoffs in place to ground the pc. But with the case that I have, I can't seem to get the standoffs in and align the motherboard with the back panel for usb, audio out, etc as there is already 6 circular raised areas on the case where the screws go in. Please take a look at the case I'm using, if you scroll down you can see the inside of the case as well-

http://www.ebuyer.com/160914-casecom-shiny-black-mid-tower-case-with-front-120mm-red-led-fan-kj-3392-black

Any quick help of whether I can get the standoffs into the case or if they are needed would be very gladly appreciated. Plz help.

EDIT: I installed the mobo without the standoffs and worked with it for a week with no problems, but when I realised that I didn't put the standoffs in, I took it apart asap to put those things in, but now I can's seem to get them in place.

UltimateUnknown

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012

Yea I went for a pretty budget price, but its actually not bad for the price.

Anyway that would make sense what you say, they provided 3 standoffs with the case which initially didn't make sense to me. But now that you mention it I think I understand where they are meant to go. Thanks for the help.

That is truth in its purest form. i have several boxes of them i can attest to this fact. My workshop is full of screws but I still find myself buying more all the time!