New gfx card for laptop gaming

Enyar

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
So guys, the title says it all. I need a new gfx card for my laptop for gaming (Don't just tell me to upgrade to a desktop, I don't want to, and I cant afford to at the moment) I was thinking a 6670, but I'm not too sure. I have about 50 pounds to spend. All help would be appreciated :).

Thanks!

Enyar

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
Wait, so there's no possible way? I thought you could, I've been told by alot of people you can, and I know someone who's upgraded a laptops gfx card... (He has the exact same laptop as me, coincidently)

A few laptops have a possible way to upgrade the graphics but there is little standard between them and an upgrade tends to cost as much as a new laptop with the upgrade (as to make sure it works you need to get a dell part for a dell laptop etc.). In summary its sometimes possible but almost never worth it.

That semperon system is not good at all (I am not sure it will even play many modern games at all at any settings) this is £50 more and 100 times better http://www.aria.co.uk/Systems/Gaming+Range/Gladiator/Gladiator+IBIS+Deluxe+Intel+Core+i3-2100+%40+3.10GHz+DDR3+Gaming+PC+?productId=46328 OS nmot included though so another £70 again. Its hard to find prebuilt PCs with good GPUs but if you build yourself around an i3 2100 (if not a Pantium Gxx or Athlon x3) and a Radeon 5770/6770 you should be able to get under £400 including windows 7.

Enyar

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
Wow man, thank's alot. I'm already figuring out ways on how to earn the extra 100-150 quid I'm going to need to buy it :D.