Can't Install No Drivers - They Cause Crashes on my ATI Card

I have tried everything. Fresh installs the lot.

I've been trying to download ATI Driver for my ATI RADEON 4850.

I'm afraid the problem might be that my computeris 64bit but the disc that came with it was 32bit. So do the drivers I download (which must be 64bit) cause this problem cause it only accepts 32bits?

I install the driver, it's fine a little while. Then when I try to load CCC or something it either doesn't pop up, then after 2-3 minutes both my moniters go..blank colour of blue and the other one white.

or i click and it crashes straigth away. If I leave it..It still ends up crashing

Anybody know wtf to do?
5 answers Last reply
More about install drivers crashes card
  1. Bump
  2. Down load and save new drivers - DO not INstall yet. Download and install Driver Sweeper. Boot in safe mode - use driver sweeper to remove all amd driver files. (removing in the add/remove programs window doesn't actually remove everything). When Driver Sweeper completes reboot and install previously downloaded driver. It's a pia but it's the only way I've found that will work everytime. Good Luck.
  3. Please clarify. Is the motherboard 64 bit compatable when you say computer is 64 bit? It (drivers) all depends on the operating system. Is it 32 bit or 64 bit? XP, Vista or 7>

You need to download and use the drivers that match the OS right down to the bit version, either from ATI or more preferably from the manufacturer of the video card. Be sure to follow their website to fully uninstall the old drivers before installing new. And as above, it is a good idea to download and save the driver package before you install.
  4. Traildriver said:
    Please clarify. Is the motherboard 64 bit compatable when you say computer is 64 bit? It (drivers) all depends on the operating system. Is it 32 bit or 64 bit? XP, Vista or 7>

You need to download and use the drivers that match the OS right down to the bit version, either from ATI or more preferably from the manufacturer of the video card. Be sure to follow their website to fully uninstall the old drivers before installing new. And as above, it is a good idea to download and save the driver package before you install.

I'm running windows 7 64bit. I brought the card from Ebay (NEW) The disc that came with it was 32bit never said anything about the card being 32bit or anything...I'll try the above and hope it works=\
  5. tilyardinit said:
    Bump

:non:

Don't...
    Bump posts
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Download Drivers ATI Graphics