Closed Solved

SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6870 vs HIS IceQ X Radeon HD 6870

I am attempting to decide between two Radeon 6870 graphics cards to repalce my 9800gt.

I am between this SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6870
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102948

and this HIS IceQ X Radeon HD 6870
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161396

I also am confused between the HIS IceQ Turbo X vs. HIS IceQ X

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Within 7 days BUDGET RANGE: under 150USD

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: I intend to play games and watch movies. I am mostly looking however for a mid-range gaming GPU

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: EVGA Geforce 9800GT 512mb, Corsair Enthusiast series TX650W

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: CPU Athlon II X4 630(2.8GHz), 6GB RAM, 1TB HD

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN:US

MONITOR RESOLUTION: Acer 20” 1600X900
17 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about sapphire radeon 6870 iceq radeon 6870
  1. Best answer
    "Turbo" is Factory overclocking...

I think it depends on personal preference, HIS run cooler, quieter, efficient and blue (nice colour for me). I would go with HIS but you might also see the good thing about sapphire. It would give you a little bit better performance and maybe more overclocking headroom.
  2. both are good,get the cheaper one :)
  3. would either of these be a decent upgrade form my 9800gt 512mb??
  4. Yes It would my friend, and please, don't give us hwcompare links. Please I said. It's just comparing by the specification of texel and pixel rate which is not reliable...
  5. so what do you use to find out which card is better if that is not reliable?
  6. I usually use reviews or anandtech bench.
  7. +1 :)
  8. no it's almost same.'turbo' versions are a bit factory overclocked.
  9. Loren_ha said:

The IceQ X will run quieter and cooler than this card. If you got the money better go with the IceQ X...
  10. Sapphire is good too, although imo HIS got a nice look with it but i do recommend get the Sapphire one well it's what i always buy when i buy HD gpu never had any problem with them
  11. Tavo_Nova said:
    Sapphire is good too, although imo HIS got a nice look with it but i do recommend get the Sapphire one well it's what i always buy when i buy HD gpu never had any problem with them

Have you try comparing to a HIS cards? If you do you can explain better :)...
  12. So would you recomend the IceQ turbo X or is the factory overclock garbage?
    Both the IceQ X and Turbo are the same price
  13. Get the turbo one, it has faster clock and save you (little) time overclocking the GPU
  14. +1
  15. Best answer selected by Loren_ha.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards HD Sapphire Radeon Graphics Product