Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
GPUSpike.jpg

Toshiba Satellite L755
CPU: AMD A6-3420
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6520g
RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz
Hardrive: 320GB HDD (5400rpm)

I have seen other vindictus players with same exact laptop and spec play at highest settings without lag. I have lag at medium/low settings at times when there are lots of effects or many other players.

Sorry, I'm quite noob, so forgive my ignorance and lack of knowledge.
And thanks in advance.

lzks

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
Already automatically looked for driver update, and it says "The best driver software for your device is already installed. Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date"
So unless, I'm supposed to manually look for the most up-to-date driver update, then it should be good in that regard. Thanks for the response though.

chippies

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008

Um, the OP uses AMD graphics, so please DON'T get the nvidia driver, go to AMD's website and download the latest Catalyst driver.

lzks

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
11.12 driver installed and software updated. There seems to be less lag, but the GPU usage spiking problem is still there, and there's still some lag.

lzks

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
This is just a noob guess, but if you notice the temperature, it's quite low. I know that's a good thing, but perhaps the graphic card is being restrained somehow.

lzks

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011

I have no extra cooling device; just stock laptop fan. And the fan never needed to run such that I could even hear it running. It runs super quiet and slow and that's enough to cool the GPU down, which is strange because I'm playing a game that's lagging. The GPU has to be overworking and would need massive cooling. That's why I was saying perhaps the GPU is being restrained somehow.

lzks

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
Can someone answer one thing? Why does afterburner indicate that I have 2 GPU. Both identical, except that one is labeled "master" and the other "synchronized with master". They both seem to have similar GPU usage trend but NOT identical.

crownclown

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
well did you check if you are using eco mode instead of balanced mode
see your catalyst center "3D client program" or something choose let's the application choose the configuration" if this did work than try other game with higher performence and see if it's lag me i have nvidia i play street fighter 4 AE with the highest graphics and I play wakfu MMORPG the first doesn't lag the second lags knowing it's less demanding than the first I hope it works

stavzim

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
if you have changed the core clock, and you got it too high, the gpu is automatically forced to lower its clocks.
it happened to me with a GTX460, when i had 800MHz Core Clock and i changed it to 900, when i benchmarked it, it showed me only 425MHz. (which led to a very low temperature).
try to lower the core clock a bit, and benchmark it. when the GPU automatically changes the clock, it sticks to that untill you restart your computer, so you'll have to do it every time ;)

hope this helps :)