Gigabyte z68 ud5; 6950 card

wlhosch

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
Hello,

I installed a new MSI 6950 video card, ran profile tests and got much better scores for graphics. But when I run World of Warcraft, I still get 30 fps. I have my hdmi connection straight to the motherboard, rather than the card, because it is supposed to sense when to switch from internal hdmi to video card hdmi. Is this not working right?

What are your full specs?

World of Warcraft is very CPU bound game, and if you processor is weak, it won't work flawlessly. Try disabling addons, that might help, but even my i5 2500k won't give me more than 40 fps in middle of Orgrimmar.

wlhosch

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
I have an i5 2500k, also. I think that the motherboard is not passing the task off to the graphic card. I plan on testing this theory by plugging straight into the card and rebooting later today.

DM186

Splendid
If you run your HDMI cable to the mother board that is the only GPU it is going to see. Run your HDMI cable to your card then start it up. Your mother board will see your 6950 and bypass the intergrated GPU.

After that make sure your drivers are up to date. You are close with that thinking but the HDMI cable needs to be connected to the 6950. I hope this helps you and Good luck