New Computer, but need a better power supply. Help.

adryn

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012
I'm considering purchasing this computer:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=83-227-383&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=5&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=%28keywords%29&Page=2#scrollFullInfo

It's about in my price range I was looking for, but by the looks the main con is its power supply.
So I don't know what will fit or work or hook up right or any of that... Please help me!

I suppose a little more info would help... I plan on using this as a gaming computer, main game will be Skyrim and League of Legends.

Also, if that 700W PSU is fine please let me know! The less money I have to add onto this the better

adryn

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012
Thank you. I'll be sure to check it out, not sure whether 700W is really a lot or not for a PSU. When it comes to the actual parts of computers and not just numbers like processor speeds I have no idea what I'm doing :3

j2j663

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
In the picture it says that it is a Coonix pwoer supply, I have never heard of them before.

You are buying prebuilt so you take your chances with the parts. On the one hand iBuyPower would not still be around if the power supplies they were using were crap. At the same time you know that they are using that Manufacturer because of the cost so they have to be skimping somewhere.

If I were you I would google Coolnix and look up some specs about that power supply. Or make sure that you have a warranty for the computer.