Solved

Cooling Dual Xeons (e5-2687w)

Hey guys,

What would you recommend as far as fan cooling these dual xeons?

I know they aren't overclockable so it shouldn't get too hot...I'm not sure if watercooling is worth it.

That being said, I know the noctua heatsink/fan seems to be king for single cpus, but what about dual cpus? Of course, I would like it to be as silent but cool as possible.

Using this on a ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS motherboard and Corsair 800D case (most likely, though open to suggestions)

Thanks for your thoughts!
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cooling dual xeons 2687w
  1. In most cases the cooling for these processors are based on the case that you are using (in this case you will want to use an active cooling solution. I wouldn't look at any of the big air coolers but look for anything that support socket 2011 and has a reasonable size. Here are some cooler for socket 2011 over at newegg.com http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100012587%20600337815&IsNodeId=1&name=LGA%202011%20%28Square%20Type%29
  2. Thanks for your reply intelenthusiast,

I took a look over at those coolers and they all seem to have fairly poor reviews...if I can't find a good heatsink/fan for these, I will just cool them with corsair h80s.

I am most likely doing this in a corsair 800d so I'm just worried also that the fans may be too big.
  3. Anyone else have thoughts?
  4. Best answer
    realmisr said:
    Anyone else have thoughts?

i think corsair h80/100 would be the est option..
  5. Best answer selected by realmisr.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cooling Fan Product