Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Cooling Dual Xeons (e5-2687w)

Last response: in CPUs
June 18, 2012 1:00:22 PM

Hey guys,

What would you recommend as far as fan cooling these dual xeons?

I know they aren't overclockable so it shouldn't get too hot...I'm not sure if watercooling is worth it.

That being said, I know the noctua heatsink/fan seems to be king for single cpus, but what about dual cpus? Of course, I would like it to be as silent but cool as possible.

Using this on a ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS motherboard and Corsair 800D case (most likely, though open to suggestions)

Thanks for your thoughts!
a c 188 à CPUs
June 18, 2012 4:35:28 PM

In most cases the cooling for these processors are based on the case that you are using (in this case you will want to use an active cooling solution. I wouldn't look at any of the big air coolers but look for anything that support socket 2011 and has a reasonable size. Here are some cooler for socket 2011 over at newegg.com http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

m
l
June 18, 2012 4:42:20 PM

Thanks for your reply intelenthusiast,

I took a look over at those coolers and they all seem to have fairly poor reviews...if I can't find a good heatsink/fan for these, I will just cool them with corsair h80s.

I am most likely doing this in a corsair 800d so I'm just worried also that the fans may be too big.
m
l
Related resources
June 18, 2012 8:57:27 PM

Anyone else have thoughts?
m
l

Best solution

June 23, 2012 5:42:45 PM

realmisr said:
Anyone else have thoughts?

i think corsair h80/100 would be the est option..
June 23, 2012 5:50:58 PM

Best answer selected by realmisr.
m
l
!