Cing/AT&T sims and phone question please

Last response: in Technologies
July 10, 2005 10:27:16 AM

hi,
i bought an NEC 515 from eBay and am using it with my Cingular simcard and,
for calls, all is well.
i'm sure it's gone around that an nec 515 can't use mediaNet, it insists on
using mMode, so i have no internet connection whatsoever.
but my son wants games on the phone. again, problem, can't be installed via
cable/irda . must be downloaded and installed from net, which, i can't get.

now, tell me if you think this would work...
say i borrow my buddies at&t sim, pop it in my phone, go grab all the games
he wants, take out the at&t sim and put back the cing sim?
possible?
thank you,
marc
July 10, 2005 12:56:29 PM

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 06:27:16 -0400, "MF" <mfurman11@comcast.net>
wrote:

>now, tell me if you think this would work...
>say i borrow my buddies at&t sim, pop it in my phone, go grab all the games
>he wants, take out the at&t sim and put back the cing sim?
>possible?

Problem is that games aren't stored on the SIM they're stored on the
handset.

- -
Anonymous
July 10, 2005 6:25:31 PM

perfect.
when i remove the at&t sim, the games will stay on my phone!
marc

!