Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Windows loading screen showing on both screens

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
January 10, 2012 11:31:53 AM

Afternoon peeps

This has been bugging me since i saw it and i need to know how its done.

if you watch the youtube video > http://youtu.be/GBvdjree_y8

You will see that it shows the boot screen on both screens.

Does anyone know how to do this as the minute i saw it i wanted it. :bounce: 

Cheers
a b $ Windows 7
January 10, 2012 12:54:28 PM

It may be an ATI/AMD only thing. and only shows that way until the drivers are loaded.
a c 233 $ Windows 7
January 10, 2012 2:20:41 PM

No, that's your typical windows "exteneded desktop", and yes, the monitors only show the same screen image until the video drivers are loaded and the OS is initialized.
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 10, 2012 3:30:11 PM

Hawkeye22 said:
No, that's your typical windows "exteneded desktop", and yes, the monitors only show the same screen image until the video drivers are loaded and the OS is initialized.

I had a dual screen setup with a nvidia card & only got the "Windows loading" on 1 screen. I now have an ATI with dual screens & both screens show the loading until the ATI drivers get loaded.
January 10, 2012 4:06:15 PM

I second clarkjdm - went from a 9600GT to a 6870 two weeks ago and now get the loading screen on both monitors
a b $ Windows 7
January 10, 2012 4:13:55 PM

Hi :) 

You can set it to do that either just on load or all the time... even Windows 7 itself can do it...

All the best Brett :) 
a c 233 $ Windows 7
January 10, 2012 4:22:40 PM

clarkjd said:
I had a dual screen setup with a nvidia card & only got the "Windows loading" on 1 screen. I now have an ATI with dual screens & both screens show the loading until the ATI drivers get loaded.


I have an nvidia 7600gs (old card) at work with dual monitors and it shows the same on both monitors until drivers are loaded.
January 10, 2012 5:44:17 PM

Ok

thanks for info.

So if its a AMD/ATI thing then I am screwed. However if someone has it on a 7600gs then I am confuddled.

If its not easy to setup then I will just leave it.

Cheers Everyone.

a b $ Windows 7
January 10, 2012 7:00:58 PM

deejayburnout said:
Ok

thanks for info.

So if its a AMD/ATI thing then I am screwed. However if someone has it on a 7600gs then I am confuddled.

If its not easy to setup then I will just leave it.

Cheers Everyone.

Once the drivers for the graphics card is loaded and windows is fully booted, the default is for the display to be the same on both the monitors. You have to make changes to the properties to get different information on the different monitors.
January 10, 2012 7:58:24 PM

How do you adjust the properties. I have checked the ones i can in windows and io cannot find anything.
a b $ Windows 7
January 10, 2012 9:49:34 PM

deejayburnout said:
How do you adjust the properties. I have checked the ones i can in windows and io cannot find anything.

When you have installed the NVIDIA drivers, It should include a "properties" page to change the settings.
!