Does this build have and bottlenecks or kinks?

Hi guys I've built my computer a month back and I was just curious to know whether it was either fully optimized or if it had any bottlenecks.

Specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.9GHz using CCC
2x4GB DDR3 RAM in Dual-channel (8GB total)
1xSapphire HD Radeon 6870 (DiRT 3 Edition) OC @ Core Clock: 975MHz Memory Clock: 1200MHz Core Voltage: 1.24 V
1x500GB Hitachi HDD
iCAN 600W PSU
CM HAF 912 Case
2x120mm CM Sickleflow Intake (Front), 120mm Stock Intake on side case, 200mm CM Megaflow Exhaust (Top), 120mm Stock Exhaust (Rear)
Corsair A50 CPU Cooler w/ fan facing bottom of PC (intake fan)

I know it is very detailed and I just wanted to give you guys a complete picture. Speaking of pictures, if you guys want me to post some then don't hesitate to ask as I have already taken them anyways. :p Thanks!
11 answers Last reply
More about does build bottlenecks kinks
  1. I'd say it's nowhere near "fully optimized" but it seems like a pretty nice, well balanced system. People are going to say you should have gone with an i3 for the price but I think it's not that big a deal. For $500-$600 this is pretty awesome, right?

Biggest issue is the random PSU!
  2. FinneousPJ said:
    I'd say it's nowhere near "fully optimized" but it seems like a pretty nice, well balanced system. People are going to say you should have gone with an i3 for the price but I think it's not that big a deal. For $500-$600 this is pretty awesome, right?

Biggest issue is the random PSU!

Yeah I thought so about the PSU :( My dad bought it without even telling me so instead of buying a good 500W PSU he bought a crappy 600W PSU..At the moment it seems fine but who knows what could happen in the long-run. I want to upgrade it, have any suggestions for a good PSU under about $70?
  3. Antec 550 Basiq its literally the most rated 5 star PSU on Newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371016 $69.99

I have had mine running a quite similar build for over a year with a AMD X4 core and a 550ti
    (after i ruined 120 dollars worth of $39.99 crapo PSU, Never go cheap on PSU)
  4. I know I'm being picky but is there a really good one in a black colour? My rig is black and I was hoping that it'd match. Also, anyone else have any recommendations?
  5. XFX and Corsair I think are black. Both are great brands.
  6. Or spray it black yourself, just cover the fan with newspaper so you don't spray inside the Psu
    Moto
  7. Well instead of going through all that hassle I'd rather get the PSU evan1715 recommended as it even has sleeved wires.
  8. He posted that as I posted my comment :-)
    Moto
  9. Yes, that is a great PSU as well
  10. My next question is, can I optimize the cooling of my PC by rotating the A50 so that the fan faces towards the front of my rig instead?
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Bottleneck Systems Product