matek07x

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
I thought that my build in mobo video card would work okay, but It really does not, it not good at all, I am looking to upgrade something to which I can do a little video editing, picture effects with CS4 a little auto cad designs and such, is there a card for under a $100 that would run things of that nature and allow me to play with medium settings some games? such as starcraft II, or left4dead? ..

Headspin_69

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011

to bad the 440 is to slow for video editing anyway LOL gimmick just like physx and 3D.

matek07x

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
So lets bring up the price to $170 What can I have that will do what I need, I'm a noob when it comes to GPU, and therefore I need to read up on CUDA I dont know what it is or what it does, but I would like to be able to work my programs and play some games...

Headspin_69

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011

CUDA is an Nvidia Sales Gimmick prop if you want to properly/swiftly edit video you need a competent CPU that's what you need not GPU however if you want to play games there's where the GPU comes in. They do however make business class video cards for like developing CGI and drafting and such but those cost in the thousands and they play games like ***.