Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Optimum use of laptop battery

Last response: in Components
June 18, 2012 6:40:07 PM

i have an hp g6 laptop.i want to use the battery to the longest life.what should u people suggest should i put in plug for the whole day or charge and discharge all the time???

More about : optimum laptop battery

Best solution

a b α HP
June 18, 2012 7:56:17 PM

manin17 said:
i have an hp g6 laptop.i want to use the battery to the longest life.what should u people suggest should i put in plug for the whole day or charge and discharge all the time???

Hi :) 

I own a laptop repair company...

Plug in all day...

Do NOT CHARGE/DISCHARGE IT...you will ruin the battery...

All the best Brett :) 
Related resources
a b α HP
June 18, 2012 9:52:20 PM

Brett928S2 said:

Lolll..have you read that ?

Was it written by a 12 year old ?

Some of it is wrong by the way...

Couldn't resist it, especially the 'bad, stupid bit'!

Didn't realise that full discharge was bad for Lithium ion, does it self destruct same as a Lead acid? I read somewhere certain batteries need to be discharged regularly but recharged immediately?
m
l
June 18, 2012 10:27:55 PM

I think nicads and nmhi have to be discharged then recharged to get optimal use out of them, but these are rarely used in notebooks these days, some manufacturers do say with brand new batteries that they need to be charged fully for 12-24 hours so that they can calibrate them selves and that it takes a couple of charge cycles to run optimally.
m
l
a b α HP
June 18, 2012 11:34:36 PM

dodger46 said:
Couldn't resist it, especially the 'bad, stupid bit'!

Didn't realise that full discharge was bad for Lithium ion, does it self destruct same as a Lead acid? I read somewhere certain batteries need to be discharged regularly but recharged immediately?

If you deep cycle (contantly discharge then recharge) a Lithium lappy battery deliberately, you WILL shorten its life a little.... by little I mean by around 80 to 90% !!!!

So your battery that "should" last say for around 2 years...lasts around 2 months..lol

m
l
June 27, 2012 2:57:54 AM

Best answer selected by manin17.
m
l
!