borrell07

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
Hello all. The other day i started having a couple of different issues all i belive to be connected. I Think it is a Graphics card issue but i'm not really sure. First issue whenever a window is open on the desktop the border and "shadow area" are checkered. Second issue is that my s-video output to the tv which worked just fine the other day, will only display black and white. Third issue is that when I play a game everything runs just fine, but there are giant areas of green and purple. Since the problem started I rolled my nvidia driver back, then Updated it to the latest beta all with no change. Then I got so frustrated that I reinstalled vista, which once again made no change to these issues. Any help would be great thanks!!

Vista Home Premium 32 Bit
Processor: Intel Core 2
Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT

borrell07

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
The power supply is what ever comes with a stock dell computer. Also the fan on the card is spinning and Im not sure of the temps, but the problems on the desktop start right away even after being off all night and the games run fine other then the blobs of color. also what is an RMA. The computer is 4 years old so I doubt there is any remaining warranty.

RMA =Return Merchandise Authorization

Basically it is a number that the vendor issues to enable the return of a product that isn't initially working or has stopped working during the warranty period.