No Picture: monitor stays on standby mode.

blackram_1990

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
Greeting Community,

Happy New Years Eve everyone. I am a new poster to these forums although I have sought answers for my PC related issues many times before from here. I would like to thank everyone for asking such useful questions and Many more thanks for those with the experience in resolving the problems.

Ok, to the issue at hand. I have recently built a new gaming rig and decided to use my old build (AMD Athlon Phenom Quad core-9800gt and 4 gigs of Corsair XMS2) as a Media pc for my Television. The problem I ran across is that (it was working fine before I removed it from it's old case) I was swapping cases with my new build, due to me liking the other case better, and got both towers back together. My main rig (2600k 8gigs of corsair Vengeance and MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III) works fine, although my Media Pc will power on but will not initiate Video. I've tried many attempts at repairing it such as using a different 9800gt card, a new monitor cable, removing memory dims, a different monitor, removed all peripherals such as dvd and hard drive with no success.

I did have video at on instance when I wiggled the card with my thumb near the power connector on the card, it was only for an instance and once I removed my thumb from the card the video went back to yellow light on the monitor. I could not duplicate the video power up again though.

I was thinking maybe the problem lies in corrosion on the contacts in the PCI-E slot although I can not see any corrosion there. IDK.. I am at a loss, any suggestions?