Sign in with
Your question

Cpu overclocking

Last response: in CPUs
June 18, 2012 8:24:15 PM

Hello,
My brothers PC has a trouble during reboot the post message is CPU overclocking when i try to go to bios and set as default the computer turns OK but in the other day there has a message again CPU overclocking please help me to resolve this problem..and please explain to me behind this problem cause i might not sleep because i cannot resolve this problem Im a beginner as a computer technician thanks..

More about : cpu overclocking

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
June 18, 2012 8:33:13 PM

Have you tried clearing the CMOS by removing the BIOS little button cell on the motherboard? (Remove every PSU connector from the motherboard and then do it)

And can I please confirm you used the 'saved and exit' button when saving your BIOS settings, usually F10, actually, may we have his mobo model to confirm?

Cheers
m
l
a c 386 à CPUs
a c 78 K Overclocking
June 18, 2012 9:31:54 PM

There's no need to remove every PSU connector from the board. Simply turning off the PSU is sufficient. Remove the CMOS battery and short the CLR CMOS pins for about 5 seconds.
m
l
June 18, 2012 11:29:54 PM

It could also be that the CMOS battery in your brother's pc has called it quits. Maybe changing it for a new one and reseting the BIOS to default settings could solve your problem. The battery used by motherboards is a standard 3V coin battery, the ones by Maxwell or Panasonic are good batteries.

Best regards.
m
l
!