Upgrade or start fresh?

driznar

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012
CPU: AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition
MB: MSI 790XT-G45
RAM: 4GB of Kingston ValueRAM (800/PC6400)
Video: Radeon 4890 1GB
HD: WD Caviar Black 1TB
PS: Antec 750W

My system runs fine until I start to put it under strain (SW:TOR) and my video card fans starts humming. I have decent FPS and the card stays cool enough, even in the summer. However, I've noticed that if I stay logged in for more than two hours my system really bogs down. Now it could very well be memory leaks in the programming of the games I play, but it happens all the time.

It also hesitates the first time it "does" something. For example, the first time I use a skill in the Diablo 3 beta it freezes. After the first use my computer has no hiccups. This also happens with many games. I am thinking it is HD (204 days of power on time) related, but I am unsure.

Is there a way to tweak settings that I am unfamiliar with in windows or my video card (I don't overclock)?

I was considering upgrading my video card, but upon researching a worthwhile upgrade I found that in order to achieve the kind of upgrade I'm looking for I would have to spend more than I would like, unless I was making an entirely new system.

Any advice would be appreciated.