X-men Legends Tech Help

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Not a request for any hints, but I'm having to shift from 1 xbox to
another, gotten hold of an xbox memory card, assuming (like halo) I'd
be able to just copy my saved game from the Xbox hard disk to the MC
and then from the mc to xbox number 2
But can't get XM:L to recognise the card as a valid save place
Is there a way around this (eg, am I bigh completely dumb) or am I
stuck on the original xbox?

Cheers
Christian
--
"The Dark Phoenix may have been a threat to all life in the universe...
But she had great taste in costumes." (Rachel Summers Excalibur #65)

    Christian Smith wrote:
    > Not a request for any hints, but I'm having to shift from 1 xbox to
    > another, gotten hold of an xbox memory card, assuming (like halo) I'd
    > be able to just copy my saved game from the Xbox hard disk to the MC
    > and then from the mc to xbox number 2
    > But can't get XM:L to recognise the card as a valid save place
    > Is there a way around this (eg, am I bigh completely dumb) or am I
    > stuck on the original xbox?

    Some games only recognize the HD, so fire up the Xbox without a game in
    and go to the section marked "Memory". From here you should be able to
    manually move the save to the card.

    - Jordan
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:43:08 +0000, Christian Smith
    <christian@jasdigital.com> wrote:

    >Not a request for any hints, but I'm having to shift from 1 xbox to
    >another, gotten hold of an xbox memory card, assuming (like halo) I'd
    >be able to just copy my saved game from the Xbox hard disk to the MC
    >and then from the mc to xbox number 2
    >But can't get XM:L to recognise the card as a valid save place
    >Is there a way around this (eg, am I bigh completely dumb) or am I
    >stuck on the original xbox?

    its probably stuck.

    not all games support memory card saving, so you can't transfer their
    data from one box to another unfortunately.
    --

    gamertag: chrisflynnuk
    Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:PT, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,

    On 28 Feb 2005 07:55:37 -0800,"Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote

    >Christian Smith wrote:
    >> Not a request for any hints, but I'm having to shift from 1 xbox to
    >> another, gotten hold of an xbox memory card, assuming (like halo) I'd
    >> be able to just copy my saved game from the Xbox hard disk to the MC
    >> and then from the mc to xbox number 2
    >> But can't get XM:L to recognise the card as a valid save place
    >> Is there a way around this (eg, am I bigh completely dumb) or am I
    >> stuck on the original xbox?
    >
    >Some games only recognize the HD, so fire up the Xbox without a game in
    >and go to the section marked "Memory". From here you should be able to
    >manually move the save to the card.

    Tried that, or at least I think I have
    Been to Memory>Xbox>Xmen Legends but the only options I have for
    anything under that title is Delete? Assuming I've missed something
    obvious

    Christian
    --
    "The Dark Phoenix may have been a threat to all life in the universe...
    But she had great taste in costumes." (Rachel Summers Excalibur #65)
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    When it says delete move the controller to the right. and thats the actual
    game save. you should be able to selct copy now. the icon you selected is
    like a icon for all the saves for that game.

    Gordy
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:58:59 +0000, Christian Smith
    <christian@jasdigital.com> wrote:

    >On 28 Feb 2005 07:55:37 -0800,"Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote
    >

    >>Christian Smith wrote:
    >>> Not a request for any hints, but I'm having to shift from 1 xbox to
    >>> another, gotten hold of an xbox memory card, assuming (like halo) I'd
    >>> be able to just copy my saved game from the Xbox hard disk to the MC
    >>> and then from the mc to xbox number 2
    >>> But can't get XM:L to recognise the card as a valid save place
    >>> Is there a way around this (eg, am I bigh completely dumb) or am I
    >>> stuck on the original xbox?
    >>
    >>Some games only recognize the HD, so fire up the Xbox without a game in
    >>and go to the section marked "Memory". From here you should be able to
    >>manually move the save to the card.
    >
    >Tried that, or at least I think I have
    >Been to Memory>Xbox>Xmen Legends but the only options I have for
    >anything under that title is Delete? Assuming I've missed something
    >obvious
    >
    >Christian

    maybe the filesize is too large for the MC?

    (shouldnt be though, as theyre usually 8mb cards)
    --

    gamertag: chrisflynnuk
    Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:PT, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,
    SWAT, MotoGP2, Burnout3, OutRun2(Demo), FSW
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "Chris F" <chris@asif.com> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:58:59 +0000, Christian Smith
    > <christian@jasdigital.com> wrote:

    >>>Some games only recognize the HD, so fire up the Xbox without a game in
    >>>and go to the section marked "Memory". From here you should be able to
    >>>manually move the save to the card.
    >>
    >>Tried that, or at least I think I have
    >>Been to Memory>Xbox>Xmen Legends but the only options I have for
    >>anything under that title is Delete? Assuming I've missed something
    >>obvious
    >>
    >>Christian
    >
    > maybe the filesize is too large for the MC?
    >
    > (shouldnt be though, as theyre usually 8mb cards)

    Some game makers are putting dead data into saves just to make them too big to
    put onto a memory card (just look at the massive KOTOR saves).

Console Gaming Games Video Xbox Video Games