Closed

Monitor won't turn on after installing new graphics card

So i recently bought a new graphics card and i installed it with no problems. When i turn my computer on , the cpu is running but the monitor doesn't have signal or something. Im not sure what the problem is so if someone could help me out that would be great.

Graphics card - ATI Radeon HD6670
10 answers Last reply
More about monitor turn installing graphics card
  1. Do the graphics card fans spin? What model are your MB and PSU?
  2. The first rule of upgrading is to stop and back up to the original configuration if the upgrade does not work.

Remove the new card and replace the old card or reconnect to motherboard graphics.Does the system complete the POST and boot to the OS?

Does the new card work in another system?
  3. What was old GFX card ?

Dis you uninstall old drivers ?

Did you install new drivers ?

Is Monitor OSD set to correct input ?

Does your MoBo have On bard GFX ? Is it turned off ? Did you move GFX cable from on board connector to new card connector ?
  4. duy204 said:
    So i recently bought a new graphics card and i installed it with no problems. When i turn my computer on , the cpu is running but the monitor doesn't have signal or something. Im not sure what the problem is so if someone could help me out that would be great.

Graphics card - ATI Radeon HD6670

I would love to know what ended up happening with this. I have the same card with the same problems. Running a 650W PSU
  5. Did you follow any of the above recommendations?
  6. Yes, and when reconnecting to my motherboards display port it works. However, this page doesn't really wield many other suggestions.
  7. additionally, my motherboard is Biostar A76oGm2+
  8. Graphics Card - ASUS HD 6670
  9. figured it out, don't really know what the issue was, but it's in and works now.
  10. Good to hear. Congrats!
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Monitors Graphics