Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Ivy Bridge 3770k @ 5.0ghz

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
Share
June 18, 2012 9:48:48 PM

I have a 3570k right now and going exchange for a 3770k. Mobo is Gigabyte G1 Sniper 3. I need to reach 5.0ghz on my gaming PC. I was looking into the H100 but it doesn't look like It will be able to reach the 5.0 mark due to Ivy Bridge OC temperatures and may need a more powerful cooler. This will be my first watercooloing setup so a closed fixed system would be best.

Are there any more watercooloing systems that will get temps down more without going to a custom water setup? My Budget is @ $300.

Any sub ambient systems for @$300?

More about : ivy bridge 3770k 0ghz

Best solution

a c 105 à CPUs
June 18, 2012 9:54:15 PM

the corsair H100 is the top all in one water cooling kit on the market.

out of curiosity, why do you need to reach 5ghz?

Share
June 18, 2012 9:56:33 PM

Best answer selected by Swolern.
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 283 à CPUs
June 18, 2012 9:56:40 PM

Agreed with ct1615. Exactly why do you NEED 5Ghz. I can almost guarantee that you DON'T.

And custom water/sub ambient is about it for 5Ghz on Ivy.
m
0
l
June 18, 2012 9:58:33 PM

ct1615 said:
the corsair H100 is the top all in one water cooling kit on the market.

out of curiosity, why do you need to reach 5ghz?


Dang iPad. I accidentally put as best answer.

It's because I found my CPU bottlenecking my GTX 670 4-way SLI
m
0
l
a c 190 à CPUs
June 18, 2012 10:01:44 PM

I have the Corsair H100 for my Intel® Core™ i5-3570K I was able to run it stable at 4.6GHz but under load that pushed the temperatures up to the high 80s. So I would say 5GHz on a Intel Core i7-3770K would be really hard with a closed loop system. There are some higher end custom water cooling solutions that maybe able to do it but they will take a lot of work on your part to build and keep up.
m
0
l
a c 283 à CPUs
June 18, 2012 10:01:49 PM

Swolern said:
Dang iPad. I accidentally put as best answer.

It's because I found my CPU bottlenecking my GTX 670 4-way SLI


Have you tried 4.5 yet? MUCH easier to accomplish, and honestly, if 4.5 doesn't cut it, you may need to just live with it. A 5Ghz 24/7 OC on Ivy would be crazy IMO, without awesome cooling.
m
0
l
June 18, 2012 10:02:32 PM

DJDeCiBeL said:
Agreed with ct1615. Exactly why do you NEED 5Ghz. I can almost guarantee that you DON'T.

And custom water/sub ambient is about it for 5Ghz on Ivy.


How much would a decent custom water or sub ambient system cost?
m
0
l
a c 283 à CPUs
June 18, 2012 10:03:21 PM

Swolern said:
How much would a decent custom water or sub ambient system cost?


I don't really know much about pricing for things like that, unfortunately.
m
0
l
June 18, 2012 10:11:04 PM

DJDeCiBeL said:
Have you tried 4.5 yet? MUCH easier to accomplish, and honestly, if 4.5 doesn't cut it, you may need to just live with it. A 5Ghz 24/7 OC on Ivy would be crazy IMO, without awesome cooling.


I took my 3570k up to 4.6ghz with hyper 212 and temp in mid 90s so I didn't leave it at that speed for long. I did do a few benches.

BF3 online 3570@ 3.4ghz average GPU usage of 670s was 50-60%

Bf3 online 3570@ 4.6 70-80% GPU usage.

I saw a guy with CPU up to 5.0ghz and 680 4-way GPU usage was mid 90%

My goal for my system is BF3 online 5760x1080 at120fps.
m
0
l
June 18, 2012 10:28:32 PM

Will do, thanks Earl.

$430 for CPU and GPU or GPU only?
m
0
l
June 18, 2012 10:36:55 PM

Swolern said:
Will do, thanks Earl.

$430 for CPU and GPU or GPU only?

That's just cooling the CPU for now , I will add the cards when I decide
which ones I want.
m
0
l
!