Sign in with
Your question

Computer keeps freezing

Last response: in Systems
March 3, 2012 7:30:10 PM

It started on playing a game, now it's doing it while in bios, once on windows start up and while just on desktop, does it while trying to run memtest86.

mb : Asrock extreme7 gen3
cpu : i7 2600k
ram: 16gb gskill ripjaws 1600
gfx: asus 560gtx in sli
psu: older coolermaster 1000w
hhd: hitachi 1tb

Any suggestions on what to test or check.

More about : computer freezing

March 3, 2012 7:39:47 PM

Could be anything really...I had a bad RAM stick once, took forever to find it since it happened on random occasions, could be that , Especially if it happened during memtest
m
l
March 3, 2012 7:41:16 PM

switch out 1 stick of ram, test, try the other one test... Sounds like ram
m
l
Related resources
March 3, 2012 7:47:53 PM

Well I've tested 2 sticks by themselves so far and it has happen on both of them and I havn't gotten around to the other 2....(have to remove the video card to put in the stick easily :/ ) Will test them in a bit as right now I want food.

Well I just ran a memtest and it went threw an completed and it said no errors on a stick that I've been crashing with.
m
l
March 5, 2012 3:05:36 AM

Ive done a registery cleaner and that seem to have help my crashing but I still crashed once in a 12 hour period. Can my psu be my problem was looking at my video cards and psu after a friend suggested to check them.

m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
March 5, 2012 5:37:00 AM

run your system with just 8GB (slot 1 and 3) and only one GPU (remove the card) for while and see if it still crashes.

also are the any errors in your event -> system logs?
m
l
March 5, 2012 7:08:51 AM

jerreddredd said:
run your system with just 8GB (slot 1 and 3) and only one GPU (remove the card) for while and see if it still crashes.

also are the any errors in your event -> system logs?

mkay will do that and yes there's a few or so.....
m
l
March 10, 2012 3:08:23 AM

Come down with a cold(feeling better now) and computer stop freezing then it did it once after 12 hours of being on then twice in a day and then back to every 5mins to 20 mins. yesterday and today.

I have took out my video cards and ran them both in the same slot (will be testing them in another pci-e slot in a bit)

I've pulled the video and now using intell graphics to see if I still have this problem...Still having the problem without the video cards....
m
l
!