Closed Solved

Accidently uninstalled intel hd graphics drivers.

I just got a new computer running windows 7. It has intel hd graphics 3000 and an evga gtx 580. Whenever I tried to launch bf3 it would give some error about intel hd 3000 or something like that so i uninstalled the driver for intel hd graphics and the screen instantly went black. I tried to reboot the computer and from the second it turns on there is nothing on the screen. Eventually i will hear windows 7 go to the login screen. The screen is black no matter what. I got out an older monitor and plugged that in and still got a completly black screen. I am really freaking out right now. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. :??:
16 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about accidently uninstalled intel graphics drivers
  1. are you trying to plug into the gpu or the motherboard?
  2. Do you have the monitor cable plugged into your 580, and in the bios is it set to pcie graphics?>
  3. I am not sure about all of the wiring inside the computer. I am not so tech savvy with computers. All i know is my samsung monitor was working fine until i uninstalled the driver for the intel hd 3000.
  4. Is the cable plugged into the motherboard or into a port under the motherboard?
  5. The video card output should be lower on the back of the computer than the motherboards output. Make sure the monitor is plugged into the right spot. While plugged into the motherboard output the (very expensive) GTX 580 will be going to waste.
  6. The hdmi cord from the monitor is plugged into the only hdmi port on the back of my computer which appears to lead to the motherboard.
  7. Well the 580 drivers wont work if the Monitor is not plugged into the card. Your $500 card is useless as it s hooked up now.

    This where its plugged in ?

    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131792

    Blow up the 2nd image

    If that's it, the signal coming out of ya 580 card can't get to the monitor.
  8. sixzoseven said:
    The hdmi cord from the monitor is plugged into the only hdmi port on the back of my computer which appears to lead to the motherboard.

    You need to get a cable and plug it into the graphics card. You aren't using your gtx 580....
  9. JackNaylorPE said:
    Well the 580 drivers wont work if the Monitor is not plugged into the card. Your $500 card is useless as it s hooked up now.

    This where its plugged in ?

    http://images17.newegg.com/is/image/newegg/13-131-792-Z02?$S300W$


    Yes. I see some ports which look like Dvi ports that lead into the 580.
  10. Most 580's have two DVI and a mini HDMI....unless monitor has speakers, Id use DVI
  11. JackNaylorPE said:
    Most 580's have two DVI and a mini HDMI....unless monitor has speakers, Id use DVI

    It does indeed have two ports. Unfortunatly my Samsung monitor only has HDMI and a vga input. No Dvi. I also see a mini HDMI port.
  12. sixzoseven said:
    It does indeed have two ports. Unfortunatly my Samsung monitor only has HDMI and a vga input. No Dvi. I also see a mini HDMI port.

    Get a mini hdmi to hdmi cable! or dvi to vga cable!
  13. amuffin said:
    Get a mini hdmi to hdmi cable! or dvi to vga cable!

    Thank god i have ONE mini hdmi to hdmi. I assume i plug the cord in? (Sorry, im incompetent with this stuff compared to you guys.) I just want to make sure i dont screw anything up.
  14. Best answer
    sixzoseven said:
    Thank god i have ONE mini hdmi to hdmi. I assume i plug the cord in? (Sorry, im incompetent with this stuff compared to you guys.) I just want to make sure i dont screw anything up.

    Plug mini hdmi to 580 and hdmi to monitor!
  15. amuffin said:
    Plug mini hdmi to 580 and hdmi to monitor!

    Thank you so much!! :)
  16. Best answer selected by sixzoseven.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Intel HD Graphics