Accidently uninstalled intel hd graphics drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixzoseven

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011
I just got a new computer running windows 7. It has intel hd graphics 3000 and an evga gtx 580. Whenever I tried to launch bf3 it would give some error about intel hd 3000 or something like that so i uninstalled the driver for intel hd graphics and the screen instantly went black. I tried to reboot the computer and from the second it turns on there is nothing on the screen. Eventually i will hear windows 7 go to the login screen. The screen is black no matter what. I got out an older monitor and plugged that in and still got a completly black screen. I am really freaking out right now. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. :??:

Solution

Plug mini hdmi to 580 and hdmi to monitor!

sixzoseven

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011
I am not sure about all of the wiring inside the computer. I am not so tech savvy with computers. All i know is my samsung monitor was working fine until i uninstalled the driver for the intel hd 3000.

The video card output should be lower on the back of the computer than the motherboards output. Make sure the monitor is plugged into the right spot. While plugged into the motherboard output the (very expensive) GTX 580 will be going to waste.

You need to get a cable and plug it into the graphics card. You aren't using your gtx 580....

sixzoseven

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011

Yes. I see some ports which look like Dvi ports that lead into the 580.

sixzoseven

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011

It does indeed have two ports. Unfortunatly my Samsung monitor only has HDMI and a vga input. No Dvi. I also see a mini HDMI port.

sixzoseven

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011

Thank god i have ONE mini hdmi to hdmi. I assume i plug the cord in? (Sorry, im incompetent with this stuff compared to you guys.) I just want to make sure i dont screw anything up.

Plug mini hdmi to 580 and hdmi to monitor!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.