Gateway DX4860-UB32P Jumper Settings?

ECNet

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012
Hello,

I just bought a refurbished Gateway DX4860-UB32P and it is DOA. No support readily available.

Case fan powers up briefly and then shuts off, then cycles again several seconds later - Nothing else happens. No Beeps, nada.

Found a loose jumper lying in the case, but can't locate any MB diagrams to figure out where it might go. MB says: ACER IPISB - VR REV: 1.01

Anyone have any detailed info on this system?

Solution
Found the no-boot solution, at least for mine. The ROM RECOVERY block must be jumpered across pins 1-2. Here's the block layout:

1_57

3 is open.

Unfortunately, in rooting around the case, I found a second jumper running wild and free. I suspect that it may be may be causing me to have no audio, but that I can live with for a bit.

HTH.

bfhowell

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
Wow, amazingly small world. I just bought a DX4860-UR20P and it's doing exactly the same thing. I even found a loose jumper rattling around I the case like you did.

I'm going to keep pursuing this. I'll post back here if I find something. If you come across something first, please post back and let me know.

Thanks.

bfhowell

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
Found the no-boot solution, at least for mine. The ROM RECOVERY block must be jumpered across pins 1-2. Here's the block layout:

1_57

3 is open.

Unfortunately, in rooting around the case, I found a second jumper running wild and free. I suspect that it may be may be causing me to have no audio, but that I can live with for a bit.

HTH.

Solution