Help with AMD Radeon HD 6850

deviuszak11

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.110622-1503)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: Z68X-UD3H-B3
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8110MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Go easy on me, new at this.
Currently using graphics card listed in title (AMD Radeon HD 6850), yet in my computer specs its showing my integrated card instead. Im hoping my graphics card isnt faulty, since its brand new. Its plugged in, fans are running on it yet when i plug my monitor into it, everything boots up except for the monitor itself. Stays asleep. Tried using different monitor, used my HDTV, nothing worked. Works fine plugged into motherboard. But that of course is gonna be running on the integrated card. I've tried doing all this with the integrated disabled but same deal. Not really sure what to do next, really frustrating when the graphics card is running, yet not running.. Any help would be very much appreciated.

deviuszak11

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
i honestly dont know my power supply, but when i had this custom made the guy said it is able to run 2 of these graphics cards, so if hes right then i dont think thats the problem. never know though, and i honestly dont know how to change to pcie, only place i can even guess is when Im booting up hit delete? I'll check power supply after the bios and see what it is.

deviuszak11

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
i got it working, everything was fine, was on pcie graphics, plugged in the right way and everything, problem was the pci express slot was apparently damaged, which sucks since its brand new.. but I have another slot that works so im all set now. SWTOR on highest settings now baby! Thx everyone for the replies! :) Happy New Years