Sign in with
Your question

Hd 6750 wont overclock w/o crash

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 1, 2012 5:11:18 AM

i been trying to overclock my 6750 and i been working with settings for a few days now, where i started was where the vision center auto test put the card but it wasn't working so i kept lowering the clock but it seems about anything over factory settings makes it do this

right now on the AMD overdrive panel i have the lowest setting the slider has for memory (1000mhz) and default for the gpu 700mhz, i tried a small +50mhz to the gpu and it was stable for a period of time but then crashed and afterwards it started crashing quicker to where it was like 1minute after start up so i changed back to defualt

did i simply get a card thats incapable of up clocking ?

RoseWill RG530watt
BioStar TA880GB+
athlon2 450 rana
XFX HD 6750 1GB
a b K Overclocking
January 1, 2012 11:21:08 AM

every gpu, cpu is different from one another. you can oc some core i5 2500k cpus up to 4.4 ghz, a few to 5 ghz, some to 4.2 ghz stable. they all belong to the same series, but overclock differently. afaik, 6000 series radeons are not good overclockers. if your card is factory overclocked already, you'll get even less out of overclocking.
m
l
January 1, 2012 7:16:14 PM

de5_Roy said:
every gpu, cpu is different from one another. you can oc some core i5 2500k cpus up to 4.4 ghz, a few to 5 ghz, some to 4.2 ghz stable. they all belong to the same series, but overclock differently. afaik, 6000 series radeons are not good overclockers. if your card is factory overclocked already, you'll get even less out of overclocking.

my card is not factory overclocked and is actually by default lower then some other cards of the same (6750) at factory ,, but ok i guess
m
l
Related resources
May 17, 2012 12:01:01 AM

I seem to be having the same issue, any updates on what you did or settled on? im still doing research and would like to know how its working for you
m
l
May 25, 2012 9:03:28 AM

Smokey351 said:
I seem to be having the same issue, any updates on what you did or settled on? im still doing research and would like to know how its working for you

sadly i have not figured out what the reason behind this is, i've simply decided keep everything default and wait to buy upgraded parts
m
l
!