Graphics card stopped working

Parker76

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
Hello,
Recently my graphics card has just stopped working. It was perfectly fine, everything working correctly. But today I tried adjusting the resolution and it did it but when I opened a program, the screen went blank. I turned off my computer and then back on and then my moniter showed no signal. I know all the drivers are up to date and everything. And it was fine before I adjusted the resolution. I have a msi gtx 580 lightning extreme graphics card.

Parker76

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
It just stopped working. Never had a problem before just after I changed the resolution, my computer no longer recognized my graphics card. what I mean by randomly is that it happened sort of out of the blue. Reseating the card didn't work also.

Maybe, use the onboard GPU first, uninstall The card's driver. Then use the card and install the drivers. This is basically restarting the card into the first time it goes. I'm not sure if this will work but this is worth a try. I have come up with some solution in my head but try this first if it works... good luck! :).

Parker76

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
Didn't work. I noticed that the pcie lights on the motherboard no longer light up. So the motherboard doesn't recognize the graphics card. It was working earlier today, I don't have any idea what I did.

Parker76

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
My onboard graphics just stopped working. So I have no display at all. This was working fine earlier. I still get a post beep and everything but no image. I have it hooked up via hdmi to a tv. Could that cause a problem?

TRENDING THREADS