Need silent case or VGA cooler.

mazchazo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
My 560 Ti runs at 1440 rpm at idle and is at the lowest speed and it is too loud for me to sleep with it on. I contacted EVGA and told me that is the lowest it will go. In order to go silent I need some options. I was thinking to use sound-absorbing foam, but idk if it will do the job. My case is the CM HAF 922 and is a very open air case. I might be able to build some box thing around my computer to lower the sound, I don't know if this is a good idea. I believe the best thing to do is to either go with a silenced case or to get a quiet VGA cooler. I need some help about choosing the option that is the best way right now. I will be SLI'ng in 2-3 months and those aftermarket VGA coolers seem to use too much space. I found that if I use another 560 Ti with its stock cooling, I have 1/4" of clearance between it and my psu, idk if an aftermarket cooler will fit, unless there is one that will. Just need some help choosing an option here, thanks.

mazchazo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011

Yes, but my problem isn't the case itself. My problem is my noisy graphics card that is even loud on idle. I contacted EVGA and they told me 30% fan speed is the lowest it can go. 30% fan speed makes the fan run at 1450 rpm, which is loud.

mazchazo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
I have to note that I will SLI my 560 Ti and I only have 1/4 inch of space to spare between the psu and my graphics card, with the stock cooler. I'm hoping the aftermarket cooler isn't much different than height than the stock cooler. Should I go with the gelid VGA cooler or change the case to an Obsidian 550d.