neo_q8

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012
hello, :hello:

i havent build a PC for awhile, and i am trying to build an HTPC. i dont need it very powerful just enough to record 1080p files and mid end gaming and viewing 1080p mkv files. i tried but i ended up with 1500 dollars i am sure i can lower it to 1k atleast.

helplzv.jpg

thanks

James McKeane

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012
you a have a 1366 cpu with a 1155 mobo, and as far as i know, they aren't compatible.

Wow, umm, that's quite a setup you got there, especially for a "mid end gaming" budget constraint. Honestly, my first thought was "if this is his htpc rig, his gaming rig must be crazy". That being said, would you consider switching to the ubiquitous Core I5-2500k rig instead? There are plenty of tutorials on youtube that show how to slap one together. Also, would you consider a more budget-conscious non htpc specific case?

Also, considering the HTPC constraint, have you budgeted in a tuner card?

Remember: have fun :na:

max40watt

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010

If you're truly looking for a HTPC that can fit in with your entertainment center, and want to come in rather cheaper, I'd suggest looking at the AMD Fusion line of cpu/gpu combos. Certainly nowhere near as powerful as a Core i series cpu when it comes to processing, but their integrated graphics are quite nice and more than enough for HTPC duty as well as light gaming.

I myself went for a little e-350 mini itx board so that I could shove it into a NES for my HTPC. It uses less power than a light bulb and looks great in my setup.

IMG_1739.jpg

IMG_1727.jpg

IMG_1725.jpg