4 point output with sb pci 128

fulgore_123

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2001
I have a sb 128 and my speakers are altecLansing 54 (4 speakers and a sub). But when I plug in my surround speakers to the sb128, they don't work (only the two surround speakers). But when I disconnect the surround speakers, they all work. What's goin on. Any ideas.

:cool: Since we cannot get what we like, let us like what we can get

arsend

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
It is possible that you need to change the setting for the Soundcard from 2 to 4 speaker setup. If you do have 4 speaker setup and it still does not work,try putting it on a different slot and reinstalling it. If this still doesn't work, then your board is possibly broken and needs to be replaced.

If it works for you then don't fix it.

Bombastik

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2001
I have a SBLive 5.1 and i have a rather strange problem.

The mixer is set for 4 speakers but each time i reboot i must manually select 4 speakers (although they are allready selected) or the two rear speakers won't work.

Any one with a sugestion? I hope it's (very CRAPPY INDEED) software

Don't believe blindly in what you hear! - Play safe! Play hard!

arsend

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
Try not rebooting!!! No, you might want to reinstall the software and then when it asks during set which speakers you want to use, select the 4 speaker option, this may change Window's or SB's mind at which default should be used. If that doesn't work, try reinstalling the soundcard, then software.

If it works for you then don't fix it.