Removing items from the right click context menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is there anyway to remove items from the right click
context menu? Specifically I would like to remove certain
items from the menu that comes up when I right-click on a
video file. The items from the menus I want to remove are
"Add to Now Playing List", "Add to Playlist...", "Add to
Sync List", and "Add to Burn List". I would also like to
remove the "Send To" item from the right-click menu. I
can't imagine I'll ever use any of these items, so I would
like to get rid of them to clear up some clutter.

I poked around in
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\, but nothing in
there helped me. Any help is much appreciated.

-Rick

zulu

IMHO, the *Send To* is one of the most useful thing there!

"RickV" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there anyway to remove items from the right click
> context menu? Specifically I would like to remove certain
> items from the menu that comes up when I right-click on a
> video file. The items from the menus I want to remove are
> "Add to Now Playing List", "Add to Playlist...", "Add to
> Sync List", and "Add to Burn List". I would also like to
> remove the "Send To" item from the right-click menu. I
> can't imagine I'll ever use any of these items, so I would
> like to get rid of them to clear up some clutter.
>
> I poked around in
> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\, but nothing in
> there helped me. Any help is much appreciated.
>
> -Rick

"RickV" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
| Is there anyway to remove items from the right click
| context menu? Specifically I would like to remove certain
| items from the menu that comes up when I right-click on a
| video file. The items from the menus I want to remove are
| "Add to Now Playing List", "Add to Playlist...", "Add to
| Sync List", and "Add to Burn List". I would also like to
| remove the "Send To" item from the right-click menu. I
| can't imagine I'll ever use any of these items, so I would
| like to get rid of them to clear up some clutter.
|
| I poked around in
| HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\, but nothing in
| there helped me. Any help is much appreciated.
|
| -Rick

Windows Explorer
Tools
Folder Options
File Types
MP3 (or extension of filetype in question)
Delete items from there.

Start
Run
sendto
Enter
Delete items from there.

rak7roll

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
thats the hard way try this.

Leave my context menu alone! If you just let it go wild, every program in the world wants to install some option there. Windows Media Player not only puts itself there, but integrates itself throughout the shell. Actually removing this integration is surprisingly easy!

Remove WMP Integration:

1. Click Start
2. Click Run
3. Type in regsvr32 /u wmpshell.dll