Re-Painted my XBOX

http://home.comcast.net/~6521ordnut/FolksBox.html

Much better than the Wil Weaton one.
15 answers Last reply
More about painted xbox

    > Much better than the Wil Weaton one.

    The faces look good but the white paint looks like a bad stucco job.

    "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
    > http://home.comcast.net/~6521ordnut/FolksBox.html
    >
    > Much better than the Wil Weaton one.

    They look good but a little young, man. How old did you say you were again?

    >> Much better than the Wil Weaton one.
    >
    > The faces look good but the white paint looks like a bad stucco job.

    It is 'texured', but it was that or some serious brush stroke marks (the
    paint is made for plastic, and is a little thick).

    > It is 'texured', but it was that or some serious brush stroke marks (the
    > paint is made for plastic, and is a little thick).

    Most of the box is fine, it's the big circle in the middle that looks a
    little rough.

    Other than that everything else looks great, so I hope you don't take my
    comments the wrong way.

    > "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
    >> http://home.comcast.net/~6521ordnut/FolksBox.html
    >>
    >> Much better than the Wil Weaton one.
    >
    > They look good but a little young, man. How old did you say you were
    > again?

    They are my parents, on their wedding day, May 24th, 1955. They were both
    in their twenty's then.

    I didn't.

    >> It is 'texured', but it was that or some serious brush stroke marks (the
    >> paint is made for plastic, and is a little thick).
    >
    > Most of the box is fine, it's the big circle in the middle that looks a
    > little rough.
    >
    > Other than that everything else looks great, so I hope you don't take my
    > comments the wrong way.

    No problem. I was very pleased with how well it turned out. I have posted
    pictures of my painted Gamecube and PS2, hoping others would do the same,
    but I guess painting systems is more uncommon than I thought.

    TheLightsAreOn wrote:
    > http://home.comcast.net/~6521ordnut/FolksBox.html
    >
    > Much better than the Wil Weaton one.

    Good job Lights!!

    Can you please post what paint/brushes you used. What precautions you
    need to take etc.

    This sounds like a cool home project with a lot of creative potential.
    I suddenly feel like doing it this weekend.

    cheers!

    "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
    > http://home.comcast.net/~6521ordnut/FolksBox.html
    >
    > Much better than the Wil Weaton one.

    Hey, the Hellcube guy :-)

    cool work on the xbox, very retro feel to it. Can you post a link to all
    your painted systems?, I havent seen the PS2 yet

    > "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
    >> http://home.comcast.net/~6521ordnut/FolksBox.html
    >>
    >> Much better than the Wil Weaton one.
    >
    > Hey, the Hellcube guy :-)
    >
    > cool work on the xbox, very retro feel to it. Can you post a link to all
    > your painted systems?, I havent seen the PS2 yet

    My Gamecube:

    http://home.comcast.net/~6521ordnut/HellCube.html

    My PS2:

    http://home.comcast.net/~6521ordnut/KatamariDamacy.html

    > TheLightsAreOn wrote:
    >> http://home.comcast.net/~6521ordnut/FolksBox.html
    >>
    >> Much better than the Wil Weaton one.
    >
    > Good job Lights!!
    >
    > Can you please post what paint/brushes you used. What precautions you
    > need to take etc.
    >
    > This sounds like a cool home project with a lot of creative potential.
    > I suddenly feel like doing it this weekend.
    >
    > cheers!

    Clean XBOX with alcohol

    Prep with Plaid (brand) Paint for Plastic, Primer

    Repeat about 45 minutes later

    I used Loew-Cornell 5511 Flat to get the white (Plaid Paint for Plastic,
    1301) on (four thin coats, dabbed not brushed, to get the 'gator-skin'
    effect).

    I just used Microsoft Photo Editor to open the picture and applied the
    Stamp effect until I had the amount of detail I wanted, then printed it.

    I cut out the shadow and used a Loew-Cornell 5602 Liner to get the first
    coat of black (Plaid Paint for Plastic, 1333) on. I just held the
    stencil down, so there was a lot of bleed.

    After it set, I used a 5403 Spotter to clean up the edges, then back to
    the 5602 to get a second coat of black

    Not seen in the photo, the face and sides are white too. I repainted the
    XBOX on the DVD Tray, the numbers above the controller ports, the eject
    arrow, and the power button (Paint for Plastic, 1322) Bright Blue (just
    so you can see them. I was going to paint the Microsoft logo and DC and
    Dolby logos but decided that would be just too much.

    Use light colors if it is your first time (they cover up easier) in a
    long time painting. Start with an easy design. Practice on a flower pot
    or something. Don't get upset if it doesn't look right the first time.
    Above all else: TAKE YOUR TIME.

    > > "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
    > >> http://home.comcast.net/~6521ordnut/FolksBox.html
    > >>
    > >> Much better than the Wil Weaton one.
    > >
    > > Hey, the Hellcube guy :-)
    > >
    > > cool work on the xbox, very retro feel to it. Can you post a link to all
    > > your painted systems?, I havent seen the PS2 yet
    > >

    > My Gamecube:
    >
    > http://home.comcast.net/~6521ordnut/HellCube.html
    >

    > My PS2:
    >
    > http://home.comcast.net/~6521ordnut/KatamariDamacy.html

    hehe, that is too damn cool!, these are more "object's d'art" instead of
    consoles at this point..... heck, my hellcube is proudly displayed on my
    wall instead of buried away with all my other consoles :-)

    keep it up!

    "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
    > http://home.comcast.net/~6521ordnut/FolksBox.html
    >
    > Much better than the Wil Weaton one.

    this is absolutely the worst idea ever conceived or implemented. I'm sure
    your parents would be proud to know that you equate their relationship to a
    game of Barbie Horse Adventures.

    "Khee Mao" <big_bad_buddha_daddy@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
    >> http://home.comcast.net/~6521ordnut/FolksBox.html
    >>
    >> Much better than the Wil Weaton one.
    >
    > this is absolutely the worst idea ever conceived or implemented. I'm sure
    > your parents would be proud to know that you equate their relationship to
    > a game of Barbie Horse Adventures.

    I have been a little curious about why the OP would pick his parents to put
    on his Xbox. Are they big gaming fans? JLC

    > "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
    >> http://home.comcast.net/~6521ordnut/FolksBox.html
    >>
    >> Much better than the Wil Weaton one.
    >
    > this is absolutely the worst idea ever conceived or implemented. I'm
    > sure your parents would be proud to know that you equate their
    > relationship to a game of Barbie Horse Adventures.

    Barbie Horse Adventure? Okay.

    > "Khee Mao" <big_bad_buddha_daddy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
    >>> http://home.comcast.net/~6521ordnut/FolksBox.html
    >>>
    >>> Much better than the Wil Weaton one.
    >>
    >> this is absolutely the worst idea ever conceived or implemented. I'm
    >> sure your parents would be proud to know that you equate their
    >> relationship to a game of Barbie Horse Adventures.
    >
    > I have been a little curious about why the OP would pick his parents
    > to put on his Xbox. Are they big gaming fans? JLC

    No, they are not gaming fans. I really don't know why I chose them. They
    are having their 50th Anniversary soon, so I guess that was part of it...

Console Gaming Video Games Xbox Video Games