  • Xbox
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
February 28, 2005 10:53:21 PM

http://home.comcast.net/~6521ordnut/FolksBox.html

Much better than the Wil Weaton one.

More about : painted xbox

Anonymous
February 28, 2005 10:53:22 PM

> Much better than the Wil Weaton one.

The faces look good but the white paint looks like a bad stucco job.
Anonymous
February 28, 2005 10:53:22 PM

"TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
> http://home.comcast.net/~6521ordnut/FolksBox.html
>
> Much better than the Wil Weaton one.

They look good but a little young, man. How old did you say you were again?
February 28, 2005 11:28:48 PM

>> Much better than the Wil Weaton one.
>
> The faces look good but the white paint looks like a bad stucco job.

It is 'texured', but it was that or some serious brush stroke marks (the
paint is made for plastic, and is a little thick).
Anonymous
February 28, 2005 11:28:49 PM

> It is 'texured', but it was that or some serious brush stroke marks (the
> paint is made for plastic, and is a little thick).

Most of the box is fine, it's the big circle in the middle that looks a
little rough.

Other than that everything else looks great, so I hope you don't take my
comments the wrong way.
Anonymous
February 28, 2005 11:37:14 PM

> "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
>> http://home.comcast.net/~6521ordnut/FolksBox.html
>>
>> Much better than the Wil Weaton one.
>
> They look good but a little young, man. How old did you say you were
> again?

They are my parents, on their wedding day, May 24th, 1955. They were both
in their twenty's then.

I didn't.
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 2:05:44 AM

>> It is 'texured', but it was that or some serious brush stroke marks (the
>> paint is made for plastic, and is a little thick).
>
> Most of the box is fine, it's the big circle in the middle that looks a
> little rough.
>
> Other than that everything else looks great, so I hope you don't take my
> comments the wrong way.

No problem. I was very pleased with how well it turned out. I have posted
pictures of my painted Gamecube and PS2, hoping others would do the same,
but I guess painting systems is more uncommon than I thought.
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 11:20:56 AM

TheLightsAreOn wrote:
> http://home.comcast.net/~6521ordnut/FolksBox.html
>
> Much better than the Wil Weaton one.

Good job Lights!!

Can you please post what paint/brushes you used. What precautions you
need to take etc.

This sounds like a cool home project with a lot of creative potential.
I suddenly feel like doing it this weekend.

cheers!
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 12:30:23 PM

"TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
> http://home.comcast.net/~6521ordnut/FolksBox.html
>
> Much better than the Wil Weaton one.

Hey, the Hellcube guy :-)

cool work on the xbox, very retro feel to it. Can you post a link to all
your painted systems?, I havent seen the PS2 yet
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 6:31:50 PM

> "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
>> http://home.comcast.net/~6521ordnut/FolksBox.html
>>
>> Much better than the Wil Weaton one.
>
> Hey, the Hellcube guy :-)
>
> cool work on the xbox, very retro feel to it. Can you post a link to all
> your painted systems?, I havent seen the PS2 yet

My Gamecube:

http://home.comcast.net/~6521ordnut/HellCube.html

My PS2:

http://home.comcast.net/~6521ordnut/KatamariDamacy.html
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 7:03:33 PM

> TheLightsAreOn wrote:
>> http://home.comcast.net/~6521ordnut/FolksBox.html
>>
>> Much better than the Wil Weaton one.
>
> Good job Lights!!
>
> Can you please post what paint/brushes you used. What precautions you
> need to take etc.
>
> This sounds like a cool home project with a lot of creative potential.
> I suddenly feel like doing it this weekend.
>
> cheers!

Clean XBOX with alcohol

Prep with Plaid (brand) Paint for Plastic, Primer

Repeat about 45 minutes later

I used Loew-Cornell 5511 Flat to get the white (Plaid Paint for Plastic,
1301) on (four thin coats, dabbed not brushed, to get the 'gator-skin'
effect).

I just used Microsoft Photo Editor to open the picture and applied the
Stamp effect until I had the amount of detail I wanted, then printed it.

I cut out the shadow and used a Loew-Cornell 5602 Liner to get the first
coat of black (Plaid Paint for Plastic, 1333) on. I just held the
stencil down, so there was a lot of bleed.

After it set, I used a 5403 Spotter to clean up the edges, then back to
the 5602 to get a second coat of black

Not seen in the photo, the face and sides are white too. I repainted the
XBOX on the DVD Tray, the numbers above the controller ports, the eject
arrow, and the power button (Paint for Plastic, 1322) Bright Blue (just
so you can see them. I was going to paint the Microsoft logo and DC and
Dolby logos but decided that would be just too much.

Use light colors if it is your first time (they cover up easier) in a
long time painting. Start with an easy design. Practice on a flower pot
or something. Don't get upset if it doesn't look right the first time.
Above all else: TAKE YOUR TIME.
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 9:06:29 PM

> > "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
> >> http://home.comcast.net/~6521ordnut/FolksBox.html
> >>
> >> Much better than the Wil Weaton one.
> >
> > Hey, the Hellcube guy :-)
> >
> > cool work on the xbox, very retro feel to it. Can you post a link to all
> > your painted systems?, I havent seen the PS2 yet
> >

> My Gamecube:
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~6521ordnut/HellCube.html
>

> My PS2:
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~6521ordnut/KatamariDamacy.html

hehe, that is too damn cool!, these are more "object's d'art" instead of
consoles at this point..... heck, my hellcube is proudly displayed on my
wall instead of buried away with all my other consoles :-)

keep it up!
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 9:09:22 PM

"TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
> http://home.comcast.net/~6521ordnut/FolksBox.html
>
> Much better than the Wil Weaton one.

this is absolutely the worst idea ever conceived or implemented. I'm sure
your parents would be proud to know that you equate their relationship to a
game of Barbie Horse Adventures.
March 1, 2005 10:51:44 PM

"Khee Mao" <big_bad_buddha_daddy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:D 0378i$ltv$1@gnus01.u.washington.edu...

> "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
>> http://home.comcast.net/~6521ordnut/FolksBox.html
>>
>> Much better than the Wil Weaton one.
>
> this is absolutely the worst idea ever conceived or implemented. I'm sure
> your parents would be proud to know that you equate their relationship to
> a game of Barbie Horse Adventures.

I have been a little curious about why the OP would pick his parents to put
on his Xbox. Are they big gaming fans? JLC
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 12:27:29 AM

> "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
>> http://home.comcast.net/~6521ordnut/FolksBox.html
>>
>> Much better than the Wil Weaton one.
>
> this is absolutely the worst idea ever conceived or implemented. I'm
> sure your parents would be proud to know that you equate their
> relationship to a game of Barbie Horse Adventures.

Barbie Horse Adventure? Okay.
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 4:30:32 PM

> "Khee Mao" <big_bad_buddha_daddy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:D 0378i$ltv$1@gnus01.u.washington.edu...
>>
>> "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
>>> http://home.comcast.net/~6521ordnut/FolksBox.html
>>>
>>> Much better than the Wil Weaton one.
>>
>> this is absolutely the worst idea ever conceived or implemented. I'm
>> sure your parents would be proud to know that you equate their
>> relationship to a game of Barbie Horse Adventures.
>
> I have been a little curious about why the OP would pick his parents
> to put on his Xbox. Are they big gaming fans? JLC

No, they are not gaming fans. I really don't know why I chose them. They
are having their 50th Anniversary soon, so I guess that was part of it...
!