9_breaker

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2011
I've currently got a x4 840 and a 5970 . i think the x4 840 is holding back the 5970 in bf3 64 player multiplayer . so i want to upgrade my CPU but i cant decide on the i5 2500k for $325 (including mobo ) or the 8150 for $225 , another option could be to go for the 1100t for $225. remember this only for bf3 multiplayer I don't play any other intensive games .

Solution
Actually BF3 multiplayer likes the FX 8 cores better than the 2500K because it can actually use all 8 cores. Someone had linked me a bench to it, but I'm not at home, I'm at a hotel with my laptop, I'm gonna have to find it.
HA found it:

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/10/11/amd_bulldozer_fx8150_gameplay_performance_review/2

Think Christmas presents, that seems to be. Good news is, AMD so far is looking like they're going to meet or exceed their 10% performance improvement for this year from their road map based on Tom's first look in the new Trinity APUs. FX-8350/8320s I think will be the model numbers.

Just a heads up but you didn't say if your motherboard is AM3 or AM3+. Some AM3 motherboards do not support AM3+ chips and other AM3 motherboards do a crap job of support. If you have an AM3+ motherboard I think the decision is easy, go with the 8150. IF you have an AM3 motherboard I would consider the Intel route more.

G

i beg your pardon but that is very old and states:
Battlefield 3 Open Beta Multiplayer

We used the latest build of Battlefield 3 Beta to play in multiplayer. Please note that BF3 does not contain all the features the full version will include, this means the driver multithreading might not be enabled yet.

i would like to suggest looking at this post
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1038216217&postcount=74
to show the cpu usage in BF3 as a better reference . .

i beg your pardon but that is very old and states:

The operative word being "might". If it were not, how do you explain the 8 core cpu with well known WEAKER individual core performance outperforming a CPU with KNOWN stronger individual core performance? I mean seriously, lets be realistic here.

If you have multiplayer results between the two CPUs in question here by all means, post them, but lets not deal in hypotheticals if we can help it.

It seems to me like you're grasping at straws, I mean its bad enough some Intel people on these forums have to act like the jock making fun of the slower fat kid, do you really have to steal his backpack from him too? Let the Bulldozer have its small victory and leave it in peace until you can prove it isnt warranted.

G

DUDE!
:pfff:
nevermind, i actually HELPED YOU PROVE YOUR CLAIM!

G

thats ok, i sent you a scathing PM! :lol:

G

IMGP0428.jpg