Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Just built my new gaming pc check it out

Last response: in Systems
Share

1-10 what would you rate it?

Total: 3 votes (1 blank vote)

  • Crap
  • 0 %
  • Very bad
  • 0 %
  • Bad
  • 0 %
  • Meh
  • 0 %
  • Its ok....
  • 0 %
  • Good
  • 0 %
  • Very good
  • 50 %
  • Excellent
  • 50 %
  • Extraordinary
  • 0 %
  • Mass Effect 3 Worthy!
  • 0 %
March 4, 2012 3:08:38 AM

Just built my new gaming PC! Pictures and Final Clocks around the 12-15th post [This is my second build].

Case:
NZXT Switch 810 black - 170$
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Motherboard:
Asus X79 Sabertooth - 330$
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

CPU:
Poor mans LGA 2011 i7 3820 - 320$
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

GPU:
XFX DD 7970 - 580$
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

PSU:
Corsair AX850 - 190$
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Memory:
G.Skill Sniper 1600 16gb - 93$
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Heatsinks & Fans:
Corsair H100 Push/Pull Config - 200$ [including all 4 fans]
4 Noctua NF-F12 - 20$ each
H100 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
NF-F12 - http://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NF-F12-PWM-Focused-Bearing...

HDD:
Caviar black 1TB 7200RPM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

SSD:
Crucial M4 64gb bla bla bla - 105$ [has Windows 7 on it and my Witcher 2/HON on it]
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Monitor:
1080p led 23" samsung monitor i couldn't find a link i got a second monitor but its just for interweb browsing

Keyboard:
Razer Lycosa - 80$
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Mouse:
Razer Imperator BF3 edition - 80$
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Mouse Pad:
Razer Goliathus Control Extended - 30$
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Headset:
Creative Wrath - 125$
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Case LEDS:
NZXT Sleeved RED LEDs kit - 18$
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Full build cost - Around 2500$

Build time - 7 hours 20 minutes

Overclock time - about 4ish hours [not counting the stress tests]

More about : built gaming check

March 4, 2012 3:19:31 AM

This PC is crap. You are running a weak 7970 and a slow i7 3820. What kind of program are you trying to run with this machine? Tetris? /s

Nice PC though. Great Case choice. You however forgot to put your HDD/SSD up there. I hope you are not bottlenecking your machine with some mechanical drive.
March 4, 2012 3:21:23 AM

phamhlam said:
This PC is crap. You are running a weak 7970 and a slow i7 3820. What kind of program are you trying to run with this machine? Tetris? /s

Nice PC though. Great Case choice. You however forgot to put your HDD/SSD up there. I hope you are not bottlenecking your machine with some mechanical drive.
o woops thanks for reminding me - ok i updated it do you think it can run tetris? i mean pretty demanding game might as well put that on my ssd to i think i can spare a meg
Related resources
March 5, 2012 12:30:35 AM

Nice PC. The only thing that would make it over the top would be crossfiring a 7970 and using eyefinity but you picked everything I would have got if I wanted a $2000 build.
March 5, 2012 12:38:52 AM

phamhlam said:
Nice PC. The only thing that would make it over the top would be crossfiring a 7970 and using eyefinity but you picked everything I would have got if I wanted a $2000 build.
heh i'd love to but my desk is too small for a eyefinity setup and im too used to a single 23" monitor i enjoy my 1920x1080 gaming :p 
March 5, 2012 1:07:29 AM

Nice setup. I'm not a big fan of the case but then again since Corsair started to churn out cases, I find most others hard to like.

Still should be a killer system.

And yes, overclock. I just got a 2500K and have it at 4.5GHz. That one will probably hit higher with the H100 in push/pull.

Went from a QX6850 @ 3.5GHz to the 2500K @ 4.5GHz and man games run much smoother.
March 5, 2012 1:51:16 AM

jimmysmitty said:
Nice setup. I'm not a big fan of the case but then again since Corsair started to churn out cases, I find most others hard to like.

Still should be a killer system.

And yes, overclock. I just got a 2500K and have it at 4.5GHz. That one will probably hit higher with the H100 in push/pull.

Went from a QX6850 @ 3.5GHz to the 2500K @ 4.5GHz and man games run much smoother.
well my current machine has a 955 BE @ 3.8ghz and im not very pleased with it the rest of my system comes in tomorrow and im gonna start building it and see if i need to overclock i know you can only get the 3820 to about 4.5-4.6 because it only has about 46 mutiplyers unlocked. The case looks awsome in person ill let ya know how it is after i build in it.
March 5, 2012 2:59:38 AM

FattyPatty said:
well my current machine has a 955 BE @ 3.8ghz and im not very pleased with it the rest of my system comes in tomorrow and im gonna start building it and see if i need to overclock i know you can only get the 3820 to about 4.5-4.6 because it only has about 46 mutiplyers unlocked. The case looks awsome in person ill let ya know how it is after i build in it.


That 955 is just about the same as my old QX6850 per core and per clock so you should see a nice jump in performance like I did.

As for the case, I think the only two things I don't like is the shiny paint and the front fan does not have a full mesh setup, making air harder to pull int. Other than that it looks like the cable management system should do well. I guess it would be nicer if they had the popped out side panels like the Corsair 500R does. Probably the easiest case to close the back on when routing cables in the back I have ever worked on.

As for the CPU, it has a max multiplier of 43x but the BCLK is not locked down like the LGA1155 CPUs are. Thats because the BCLK is no longer tied to the PCIe and SATA controllers, which is what caused instability with LGA1155 overclocks on the BCLK.

So if you get a really good CPU you might be able to hit 4.8GHz but normal sees about 4.5-4.6GHz which is still very good and if I remember correctly, thats the pont where most games tend to stop seeing any improvement.
March 5, 2012 1:17:41 PM

jimmysmitty said:
That 955 is just about the same as my old QX6850 per core and per clock so you should see a nice jump in performance like I did.

As for the case, I think the only two things I don't like is the shiny paint and the front fan does not have a full mesh setup, making air harder to pull int. Other than that it looks like the cable management system should do well. I guess it would be nicer if they had the popped out side panels like the Corsair 500R does. Probably the easiest case to close the back on when routing cables in the back I have ever worked on.

As for the CPU, it has a max multiplier of 43x but the BCLK is not locked down like the LGA1155 CPUs are. Thats because the BCLK is no longer tied to the PCIe and SATA controllers, which is what caused instability with LGA1155 overclocks on the BCLK.

So if you get a really good CPU you might be able to hit 4.8GHz but normal sees about 4.5-4.6GHz which is still very good and if I remember correctly, thats the pont where most games tend to stop seeing any improvement.
ahh i see what you mean yea the paint is pretty shiny, thanks for the help on the cpu i appreciate it!
March 6, 2012 5:43:36 PM

Alright just finished building my pc yesterday and got everything running oc'ed my cpu to 4ghz right now might push it further gonna see how it does in games running smooth with the h100 running idle at about highest core 36c in prime 95 it got up to 50c-51c for the highest core
a b B Homebuilt system
March 6, 2012 7:31:54 PM

So how's the performance? Benchmarks? Any pictures of the system?
March 6, 2012 7:34:11 PM

FinneousPJ said:
So how's the performance? Benchmarks? Any pictures of the system?
yea gettin that soon got some pictures gonna take some more i just dont know how to post them though
March 7, 2012 4:03:15 AM

Just got done Overclocking these are the final clocks: Cpu speed 4.3ghz - Core volt 1.195 - DRAM - Speed 1600mhz - Timings 9-9-9-24 - Gpu clock 1125 - Memory clock 1575-

Ran Prime 95 for about 8 hours gonna run it again tonight so far no crashes! the CPU idles around 30-35, with a prime 95 load 48-55, with a game load 40-48, The Gpu
idles at around 40-45, and with a Heaven load around 70-75 and with a game load its around 65-73.






By fattypatty at 2012-03-06




By fattypatty at 2012-03-06


By fattypatty at 2012-03-06
!