Windows XP Professional Icon Question

Hello,

I have just installed Windows XP Professional. I just switched from
Windows Me. My question is about the icons on my desktop. I cannot
seem to make them get adjusted on the screen the way I want. I try to
make adjustments to the vertical (icon spacing), but they won't move.
I have auto arrange and align to grid unchecked. I would like to group
them a little closer and have only 7 icons in a row versus 9. Any ones
help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you!
1 answer Last reply
More about windows professional icon question

    Right click the desktop, open display properties, go to Appearance, click on
    the Advanced button. Under Item, look for Icon Spacing settings.

    "DBX Corporation" <DBX@plantronics.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have just installed Windows XP Professional. I just switched from
    > Windows Me. My question is about the icons on my desktop. I cannot
    > seem to make them get adjusted on the screen the way I want. I try to
    > make adjustments to the vertical (icon spacing), but they won't move.
    > I have auto arrange and align to grid unchecked. I would like to group
    > them a little closer and have only 7 icons in a row versus 9. Any ones
    > help would be gratefully appreciated.
    >
    > Thank you!

Configuration Windows XP Customization Icons