That is an awful lot of video card for that screen size , what are you planning on doing with that setup. Any game that you are going to play will be able to be at the ultra settings and the highest resolutions. Do you have the card or the monitor or are you thinking of buying one or both of them. What games are to be played with this setup.

night wolf

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
i have the monitor.
I want to play skyrim, bf3 mw3
The main reason i want that card is not to worry about the games that is still to be released.
To play farcry 3 and it looks like minecraft

Warmacblu

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011
A GTX 580 or HD 6970 can play those games just fine and will be able to play any game you can throw at it for the next few years. I don't really think you need the GTX 590 and I'm surprised you could even find one, unless you are looking at a used one or one from a friend.

night wolf

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
i have antec df-85 and no psu yet.

Im still deciding on the mobo,cpu, cpu fan, gpu, ram, psu, and hdd
I have a pretty good idea what i want to get i just need a 2nd opinion.

I just posted to find out if a 590 is worth a 23"

Warmacblu

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011
It's fine to support the company of your choice. I would recommend a GTX 580 for you then; assuming you don't have a budget because you were looking into a GTX 590. It will perform about 20% slower than the HD 7970 but costs about 100 dollars less.

I know why you want to go with a 590 so as to try and be future proof but a 590 is actually clocked at 612mhz on the core clock and a GTX 580 comes with a stock 772mhz core clock and that is why two 580's in SLI will always out perform the 590.
So if you want to be future proof the way you can do that is to get a GTX 580 and later on get another for SLI and you will be able to play any game for a long time with better performance than a 590.
There is a reason for the clock to be so low on the 590 and I think Nvidia would have released the card with a higher clock if it could have.

night wolf

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
I dont like a too big screen so I actually like the screen for now, its better than my previous screen a 17" Lg flatron L1717s.
Ill rather get a 120hz screen later when I need a better screen.

I think I'll rather wait for the ivy bridge and the radeon 7*** series to come out before I make my decision, Why do I want to buy a i7 2600k if the ivy bridge performs better with +- the same price.

Ok i know this is really off topic but my toms hardware account keeps telling me to register my account through my email but i already did, I already lost my other account just after the new year thanks to this problem.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

You might have to talk to one of the moderators and they should be able to help you.
If you are willing to wait for Ivy Bridge and the 7000 series then you should also wait for the Nvidia release as well , since they traditionally release a better card and take thier time vs. AMD rushing to get thier product out.

If you go into the forun and select one of the sections like graphics then when it opens at the top of the column there are some sticky's and those are done by the moderators so click on one of the sticky's and then click on the moderators picture and you will see an option to send a private message.