I5 3570k temps/repaste

supertoast92

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
Hey guys, just finished my new build about a week ago with the new Ivy i5 3570k and a Sabertooth Z77 board. Right now I've just let the board do a mild auto overclock to 4.2, and my voltages look to go no higher than 1.21V. I'm using the Hyper 212 Plus cooler with a single push fan configuration in a HAF 922 case.

So, I tried a repaste yesterday out of curiosity to see if I could get better temps. I ran IBT then Prime95 to try to aid in the bake-in process (shut down afterward). Now it looks like my temps are about the same - in IBT I peaked at 84C, while gaming I'm around 50-60C. How does this sound, and should I try anything to try and lower the temps?

Thanks!

Solution
prime 95 is unrealistic you will never push your CPU to those temps under normal conditions, so unless your getting over 70C when gaming i would not worry.

supertoast92

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
Thanks for the replies! I had an idea what I was getting into after reading the reviews for the Ivy bridge CPUs, but I just had to go for the latest technology. I'm pretty satisfied with these temps and clock.