Installing coolmaster hyper 212 plus

plate

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2012
Hello all,

I am very new to computer building and not a real tech guy in general but am doing my best to learn.

I recently upgraded my comp case to the AZZA hurrican 2000 using all the parts from my store bought HP.

Specs:
HP e92207
amd phenom II x4
windows 7 64 premium
gtx 570 hd
850w power supply

I want to install a coolmaster hyper 212 plus but the mobo (foxconn aloe h-rs 780-u ATX) - only has 3 pin fan connectors while the hyper 212 has 4 pin connectors.

I found this page which shows you can connect the 4pin to the 3 pin mobo - http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/cs-012074.htm

So my questions - is this correct? is it ok? and are there any considerations I should take into account if I do this?

CPU temps 30c-49c range while gaming.

Thank you for your advice in advance and yes there are plans to upgrade mobo, ram, cpu in the future when funds permit.

nna2

Distinguished
you can connect 4 pin to 3 pin, theres 2 bumps ontop to the connector to make sure you have it oriented right, its offset to the first 3 pins on a 4 pin connector

just be aware that the 212 evo (its a little faster but) is quite noisy at full speed, so you may want to pick up a fan controller to spare some annoyance